Spark plug change question (interval)

SpectorV

Established Member
My car has 56k and it probably has the stock plugs in it... when I got it 3 years ago I highly doubt the dealership changed them.

How often should you change them on a stock pullied car (CAI/ and catback Exhaust are only mods)

I currently have 56k, I was going to do it at 60k~ but the car runs smooth no misses... (as far as I know) I wanted to wait to do new plugs with my tune/pulley change but that might not happen for a bit.

Is it ok on my car to leave it be for now or can I be doing damage etc by not changing them?

metaman

Established Member
I left the stockers in there with the stock pulley on the car and never touched them for over 60K miles. I did not pull them until I got some spark blow out one day. They where still running fine out of boost, but the gaps had finally opened up to where the spark was being blown out by the compression in the cylinder during boost. When I did I replaced them. At the time I replaced them with TR6 plugs. However, due to the shorter life span I now run the NGK iridiums. For the stock pulley I would run the TR6ix. I am on a pulley with a tune and have been running TR7ix with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread