Spare tire delete options

Crusher9008

Established Member
OK well I removed the tire and jack from my try k. I am having a hard time finding a rubber made or equivalent to out in its place to support the back mat/ carpet. Does anyone have any ideas or even products used in this circumstances.

Ideally I want some type of storage device to hold car detailing supplies when I'm at car shows.

Thanks guys
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/890287-spare-tire-whoops.html

See post #12 in that thread.

Just as an FYI:

P1020726.jpg

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I removed the spare tire junk and used a false floor made out of mdf, mostly because I wanted to mount my nitrous tank to it. Worked flawlessly, after I spent quite a few attempts cutting it to fit the trunk area...it was a bitch to get in and out!

-Eric

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Looks like possibly some of that hard foam could be cut to support it and also keep the weight down.

tnuce10

Established Member
At work we use a lot of plastic banding on our products. The banding comes on a big cardboard reel...kind of like a big ass toilet paper roll.

Just waiting for us to run out on one roll and the tube should fit absolutely perfectly to hold my carpet up!

03cobraracer

Established Member
i plan to take my spare and stuff out next time im home. extra weight i dont need in the car. anybody know how much the spare, jack, etc all weighs?

T0RCH3D

Established Member

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Get some 1/4" masonite paneling. Remove the carpet that covers the trunk floor and use it as a template to outline the paneling and cut it to shape making it about 3/4" smaller all the way around it. You can even go so far as to use some 3M spray adhesive and glue the carpet to the piece of masonite.

I did exactly that with my '89 GT I had years ago. Worked perfect!

Ken

mysticoupe

torquaholic
Established Member
I've seen a really clean intercooler tank in the shape of a spare tire, can't remember who makes it though.
I leave my spare since it helps with traction lol

Users who are viewing this thread