Spare rims for street driving ?

Rusty67

Established Member
Has anyone thought about getting a spare set of cheaper rims and tires for driving around on the street ? The stock tires are R compound and wont last long. I know the Boss has a bigger brake package. What is the smallest rim that will clear these brakes ?

Rusty67

Established Member
Any of the GTs have 18" stock ? I'm thinking of trying to get a set of stock rims/tires from someone who bought aftermarket and wants to dump a good set of stockers.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Any of the GTs have 18" stock ? I'm thinking of trying to get a set of stock rims/tires from someone who bought aftermarket and wants to dump a good set of stockers.

18" GT wheels will not fit over your Brembos. I recommend you get an aftermarket wheel or some used GT500 18" wheels. I am going to get some GT500 wheels for my Hoosiers. They can be found really cheap now.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The corsas aren't that good of a tire so use them up and move on. Keep the stock wheels for the street and buy some track specific wheels and tires if you track your car a lot.

Rusty67

Established Member
The corsas aren't that good of a tire so use them up and move on. Keep the stock wheels for the street and buy some track specific wheels and tires if you track your car a lot.

You think the stock rims are too heavy for the track ? I might be better off with an 18" rim that is lighter and maybe wider ?

I'm not really a fan of large rims unless you need them to clear big brakes. It seems to me to be extra weight for no real added benifit.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
You think the stock rims are too heavy for the track ? I might be better off with an 18" rim that is lighter and maybe wider ?

I'm not really a fan of large rims unless you need them to clear big brakes. It seems to me to be extra weight for no real added benifit.
What are your goals? Lighter wheels for the track are a good thing. Look at Enkei PF01's. My point is the P-Zero Corsas are not worth saving for latter. Use them up as you wish and find something else for the street.

Rusty67

Established Member
I was thinking about buying rims for the street and using the stock rims for the track. Do you think the money would be better invested in a set or rims for the track ? I bought this car to be a semi-turn key track car.

The stock R compound tires are likely better then I am. I'm still quite the novice when it comes to pushing the car hard on a track so they are likely good enough for me and I think I'd like to use them up on the track instead of on the street.

SOCOMech

Established Member
I'll sell my stock Boss rims for 800 + shipping if you're interested.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

SOCOMech

Established Member
Only 2500 miles on them and in perfect condition.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread