Spacers on stock wheels?

McGnarly

Established Member
Hey all,

I just picked up my 99 a couple weeks ago and I'm in love. I'm trying to keep it fairly stock so rather than buying wheels, I was hoping to put some spacers in the rear. I've read that 1 inch spacers won't work with stock wheels but can't seem to find any details. I'm looking at these from AM.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Appreciate the input.

pemberton

Established Member
Btw just get spacers off eBay. Mine were like $45 and they are hub centric also. Just make sure the center bore is correct, you will ned a hub centric spacer with a 70.5mm bore. Stupid that companies are selling them for 3x's that...

McGnarly

Established Member
Thanks! Even more ironic.... I actually just ordered a mach 1 chin spoiler today too. Your Cobra is looking good!

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I have 1" H&R wheel spacers out back w/o any rubbing problems. The only issue is that if you have to put the space saver spare on either the spacer needs to come off (need a thin wall socket) or a front tire goes on the back and the spare goes on the front. I think the issue goes away if you get 1.25" spacers since the stock studs won't stick out of the spacers. H&R uses a decent alloy so they do cost more.

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
I'm running 1" H&R spacers on the rear with the stock rims and they have worked perfectly with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread