Sp500 and brembo, teaser pics

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well they are much easier to polish that the classics I ran before. These weren't bad at all to get right. Now that they are done maintaining them should be easy.
I'm running the 14" brembo GT kit. Same one FTBR sells except I have brembo rotors. 14" 2pc rotors and 4 piston calipers. Gets the job done

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Well they are much easier to polish that the classics I ran before. These weren't bad at all to get right. Now that they are done maintaining them should be easy.
I'm running the 14" brembo GT kit. Same one FTBR sells except I have brembo rotors. 14" 2pc rotors and 4 piston calipers. Gets the job done

So you had to use the hub spacers, correct? Can we see some pics that show how far it brings the wheel out in the fender, if possible.

94slowbra1

Established Member
No spacers needed. The face of the wheel clears the caliper fine and they clear the barrel fine. The closest thing is the inside if the wheel to the coilover spring.
I have the car in the air getting ready to do a full paint correction while I have the wheels off. When I get it back down I'll take some shots to show where they sit
The classics I ran a few sets if wheels ago needed a 3/8 spacer to clear the brakes. The face was the issue, not the barrel.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a good looking setup. Love the wheels, and the red Brembos just ramp the look up a notch or two.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Thanks. I've wanted these for a while and a good deal made it's way to me. And yes the red looks great and keeps the 10th anniversary theme going

94slowbra1

Established Member
they are also polished but i didnt get them mirror like like i did the faces. im torn on what to do with them. i like them polished because the big red brembos and the suspension look so good reflecting off of them but on the other hand my brakes create a ton of dust and its one more thing to keep up. ill probably leave them polished and if i get the energy ill fully polish them and maybe coat them to keep the maintenance down

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
they are also polished but i didnt get them mirror like like i did the faces. im torn on what to do with them. i like them polished because the big red brembos and the suspension look so good reflecting off of them but on the other hand my brakes create a ton of dust and its one more thing to keep up. ill probably leave them polished and if i get the energy ill fully polish them and maybe coat them to keep the maintenance down
what method do you use to clean the brake dust off? since water is the enemy for polish wheels.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
They will absolutely mirror all the way thru. I use a porter cable 7424 with a white pad and wolfgang concourse metal polish. For the world of rims, the sp500s are nice because they're about as easy as it gets to navigate a machine around them. Of course, you'll still need some finger pads and microfibers to get the spots the machine can't get to. But the majority of the barrel I can get mirrored fast with the 7424 and a 5" pad

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was there a learning curve for using the polisher and white pad?

94slowbra1

Established Member
i just picked up a PC polisher to do both my wheels and my car. yes the PC is very easy to navigate around the wheels. i just need to wet sand mine down to get a mirror finish. they arent bad by any means but they need a little love to be perfect

Users who are viewing this thread