Sound Tube Removal In My 2022 GT 5.0??

Coosawjack

Established Member
Hey Folks.......

I plan to remove this atrocity soon since it blocks the dipstick and I cannot tell that it contributes any additional noise with my Active Exhaust??:unsure:

I already have the plugs for both the Firewall and Intake Tube and I'd planned to just rip the Tube away from the stud on the Firewall........BUT........I cannot see the stud??:confused:

It appears the section of the Tube going to the Firewall is hard plastic and mounted fast to a rigid location on the Firewall with ONLY a plastic pin??(y) GREAT NEWS if true......I spent what seemed like hours removing the nut from the Firewall in my 2019 car!!:mad:

Can anyone confirm that there is no stud and nut holding the Tube to the Firewall of 2022 cars before I screw something up??:censored:

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Hey Folks.......

I plan to remove this atrocity soon since it blocks the dipstick and I cannot tell that it contributes any additional noise with my Active Exhaust??:unsure:

I already have the plugs for both the Firewall and Intake Tube and I'd planned to just rip the Tube away from the stud on the Firewall........BUT........I cannot see the stud??:confused:

It appears the section of the Tube going to the Firewall is hard plastic and mounted fast to a rigid location on the Firewall with ONLY a plastic pin??(y) GREAT NEWS if true......I spent what seemed like hours removing the nut from the Firewall in my 2019 car!!:mad:

Can anyone confirm that there is no stud and nut holding the Tube to the Firewall of 2022 cars before I screw something up??:censored:
Sorry I can't help with your 2022, but it's interesting that they're still using the tube. I had it and removed it on my 2011 GT. My 2016 GT350 doesn't have it - instead they just pump exhaust-like sound through the entertainment system to augment the noise from the intake and exhaust. And yes, even with the exhaust noise valves, the cabin enhancement system does increase the sound level (and presumably your satisfaction) associated with the driving experience.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Thanks JAJ.......I'll get adventuresome after I get some miles on it.....at 360 miles I'm reluctant to remove a bunch of stuff........it doesn't even have much dust on it yet!!

If I remove the strut brace and plastic engine cover, I'm sure I can easily figger it out!!

Perhaps someone will chime in and fill me in on the 2022 "TUBE"??

Coosawjack

Established Member
It is bolted to the Firewall but I cannot tell if it's just plastic and will break away if I yank it........not important since I cannot hear it at all anyway!!

Users who are viewing this thread