Soon to order Proxes R888, any better prices?

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
+1. Mine should be here today!

EDIT: Just got mine! And there bigger than the nitto 555r's thats for sure! I've been tossing the thought around about going with AFS 03-04 cobra wheels, and that would give me a 10.5" rim for the rears. Machined or chrome is the part that's hard to decide, if I go this route.

Chrome AFS's would look killer on your redfire. But if you're gonna spend that much on wheels, consider the forgestar F14's if you like the mesh look. It'll just be $200-300 more than the AFS's. Not to mention that you could get it custom made to your liking in size and color.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Chrome AFS's would look killer on your redfire. But if you're gonna spend that much on wheels, consider the forgestar F14's if you like the mesh look. It'll just be $200-300 more than the AFS's. Not to mention that you could get it custom made to your liking in size and color.

I've actually never looked into those, and they look nice! I'm not familiar as to what offsets would be needed? Maybe go off AFS cobra wheels specs? Also it looks like I'd have to step up to a 18x11, instead of a 18x10.5. I just don't feel like having to add longer studs and stuff.

Last edited:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
+1. Mine should be here today!

EDIT: Just got mine! And there bigger than the nitto 555r's thats for sure! I've been tossing the thought around about going with AFS 03-04 cobra wheels, and that would give me a 10.5" rim for the rears. Machined or chrome is the part that's hard to decide, if I go this route.

What wheels do you have now? Polished afs would be my choice. How much wider are the 888s than the nittos?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What wheels do you have now? Polished afs would be my choice. How much wider are the 888s than the nittos?

I currently have saleen replicas in chrome. It's hard to tell with my nittos still on the car, but the toyo's do look bigger.

I know many people are not a fan of cruizin concepts, but I just found out they have a saleen chrome 18x10.5" rim. Now I'm thinking about either buying 2 of those for the R888, or just throwing them on my 10" wheels. There site shows the "R" center cap just like the ones I bought a couple years ago from wheelreplica.com heres a link.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SALEENSTYLE18X105CHROMEWHEEL

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I just ordered 2 18x10.5's saleens from Last Call racing! Sucks they just sold there last pair earlier today, so I'll have to wait about 2 weeks. I also ordered 2 extra center caps that measure the same size as my other ones. These ones look better, so hopefully they'll fit on the front saleens I already have. I may have some 18x10's for sale!

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Well I just ordered 2 18x10.5's saleens from Last Call racing! Sucks they just sold there last pair earlier today, so I'll have to wait about 2 weeks. I also ordered 2 extra center caps that measure the same size as my other ones. These ones look better, so hopefully they'll fit on the front saleens I already have. I may have some 18x10's for sale!

Good deal brother. Your car will look sick! About how much wider do you think the 888s are compared to the nittos

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Good deal brother. Your car will look sick! About how much wider do you think the 888s are compared to the nittos

I'll see if I can get a measurment. Not sure how accurate it would be though with the nittos having air,rim, and weight on them? I'll try it yet this evening.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds good bud! Now you got me thinking. Saleens or Cobras lol

can't go wrong with either imo. But I already have saleens, so I just had to buy 2 rears. Hopefully they look the same! Different manufacturers, but who knows maybe there made at the same facility with different names.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok the R888 measured about 12 5/8 inches, the nittos were about 11 5/8 inches. Remember the nittos have air,rim and weight of car on them. Not sure how much of a difference that makes? But the way I measured the R888's are about a 1 full inch wider!

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Ok the R888 measured about 12 5/8 inches, the nittos were about 11 5/8 inches. Remember the nittos have air,rim and weight of car on them. Not sure how much of a difference that makes? But the way I measured the R888's are about a 1 full inch wider!

Thats good to hear! Once again, I think the 305s are perfect for our cars

svtaddict

Established Member
sorry it took so long 315s on an afs 10.5 rim
20130515_220703_zps63838ffe.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
sorry it took so long 315s on an afs 10.5 rim
20130515_220703_zps63838ffe.jpg

That looks good! Hope I'm happy with my decision on 10.5" wide rims. Yeah it cost me about 400 bucks more than I wanted to spend. But I almost bought 4 whole new rims anyways, so this is a little less,lol.

Also I'm thinking about possibly keeping my 18x10's with the nittos on there, and putting them on the car for winter storage. Don't feel liking ruining the proxes R888, as there's a caution sticker for cold weather (potential of cracking) and also states to lower the tire pressure down to 1/2 if what it normally is once in storage.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Well it's street only, but I'd like to get some life out of them too. Seems there's people that are getting some miles out of R888. Not sure about miles on the NT05?

So another question then, since some say even the 305 R888 will bulge a lot on a 10 inch rim, am I better off going with there 295/30/18's? Or will that look silly? Those are only around 248.98 per tire. I'm worried how the 30 series would look.

Another option in that range is 295/35/18, which is what I run on my TF wheels which I believe are 10" (but may be 10.5"). This size looks perfect on the rim and on the car with my setup, and is the size that Kevin (04Sleeper) used to run on his old car.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Another option in that range is 295/35/18, which is what I run on my TF wheels which I believe are 10" (but may be 10.5"). This size looks perfect on the rim and on the car with my setup, and is the size that Kevin (04Sleeper) used to run on his old car.

I posted Kevin's car on that setup in post #56. The problem is r888s don't come in 295/35....so that's why I suggested to mdubbs to look into the 295/35 in the nt05.

Looks like mdubbs went one step further and bought 10.5s because I think he already had the 305/35 r888s ordered. I think that's a good idea...because although the pics have been posted of the 305s on a 10"....I personally think they look too large for that rim. But obviously to each their own.

I think my next set of rears for my 18x11 ccw's is going to be the r888 305/35. I've run the 315/35 toyo tq drs for 2 yrs now....but they are just slightly too much bulge and height IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread