Soon to be new shop!

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
We have a storm coming tomorrow, just got my snow thrower serviced. My back gave out/up on shoveling about 6 years ago. Drawback to the midsized rubber paddle is that they wear out fast, yours is good for heavy snow for sure, probably has heated grips too

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
For some reason I liked this saleen banner. Slowly getting more on the wall.
899e7ec9bee3752b3c6f590b98ffcd82.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Well pay once, cry once they say.

After last winter having to shovel hard snow up to my thighs and about 8ft wide and the whole width of my driveway, I decided to buy a snowblower for the shop. My back was not liking it.

I looked on craigslist, and Facebook marketplace, but Ultimately decided on new. I even thought about a small trailer to haul my snowblower from the house to the shop. But I really don't have a place to store it. I also thought about buying ramps to drive my snowblower up in the trunk bed. But then those take up space and it's just a lot of hassle hauling it all the time.

Hopefully it treats me well.

6259b4d9aa1b2ea41cd1035c888e9926.jpg
1e9dbbaf01638609bcc9b0569dec7233.jpg

How's your new blower working?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How's your new blower working?
Very good!

We've had a lot of snow already, very good investment. Plows packed the end of the driveway with snow a few times already. Some of it was so hard I had to break it down with a shovel. I don't feel like breaking shear pins.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I like the keyless entry lock setup, it's been given me problems, especially in the winter months. Almost couldn't get it to lock. So back to a normal door lock, but want to add a deadbolt as well at some point.
IMG_20230110_125237736_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230112_095333945_HDR.jpg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Is it the cold affecting the batteries? Or mechanical? I noticed mine sounded like it was struggling to lock/unlock so I changed the batteries and that didn't help. Then I shot some lube into the lock and the plunger. Seemed to operate more easily almost immediately.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is it the cold affecting the batteries? Or mechanical? I noticed mine sounded like it was struggling to lock/unlock so I changed the batteries and that didn't help. Then I shot some lube into the lock and the plunger. Seemed to operate more easily almost immediately.
I think it's more mechanical, because I then tried a new battery. I would have left it in, if the override key would have worked. So I didn't want to chance it anymore.

I've thought about going with a mechanical lock with push buttons. But realistically I just need a lock on the door. If someone wants to break in that bad, they will. But that will sound the alarm and I have cameras.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Damn, that's a door to that garage? With that window on it?

Maybe I grew up in shit parts of town my entire life but there's no way in **** that I'd have that door, with that window, with that lock/handle be the only thing between a terminator, a fastback, a fox, and some asshole.

olympic

Established Member
I think it's more mechanical, because I then tried a new battery. I would have left it in, if the override key would have worked. So I didn't want to chance it anymore.

I've thought about going with a mechanical lock with push buttons. But realistically I just need a lock on the door. If someone wants to break in that bad, they will. But that will sound the alarm and I have cameras.

It's the temperature differential between the indoor and outdoor causing the lock to fill up with frost. The lock mechanicals are very small and delicate and it doesn't take much for them to stop working. These types of locks are really only suitable for warm climates or interior doors.

I used a similar lock on my shop because I had multiple employees needing access. I got it to work in the winter months by installing a 12v light bulb inside to provide heat and prevent frost. The bulb was powered by a 120v to 12v wall adapter in a nearby outlet. It was ghetto AF but it worked lol! Now that I've sold my business I replaced the keyless lock with a regular door handle and a deadbolt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Maybe I grew up in shit parts of town my entire life but there's no way in **** that I'd have that door, with that window, with that lock/handle be the only thing between a terminator, a fastback, a fox, and some asshole.
Don't most large garages like this usually have one or more windows? I agree that a door with a window is an entry opportunity, but again, if there is even one window, that's also a potential entry point. Brady does have an alarm system and cameras.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes.

I have two security cameras and an alarm system. I also have two more windows on the south side of the shop.

I have some security stickers on the windows letting them know. If they choose to still break in, then they were very determined and don't care.

I may eventually replace that door without a window.

Edit: Every entry point has a sensor. Last picture is the overhead door sensor.

76a8cf6843e3371a1f6052f27ca651b9.jpg
a5b0f1e30c4a9cc55a8dab95f28556d5.jpg
c161fc1b89e9ed849a8de7fcfdde849f.jpg
b0c811aff1a4d558e88d19021eccfcae.jpg
98053d8df5fd0ae60676ae6f0a62c404.jpg

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I like the keyless entry lock setup, it's been given me problems, especially in the winter months. Almost couldn't get it to lock. So back to a normal door lock, but want to add a deadbolt as well at some point.View attachment 1776494View attachment 1776495

It’s interesting you posted about a keyless lock because I really wanted to put one on mine. Other than issues in cold weather, are there other problems that I should consider?

beau t

Established Member
This may be a stupid question but here goes: Does your security/camera box record and store or Xmit info? The reason i ask is when i put mine in the guy setting mine up made it a point to hide the receiver, i asked why and he replied if someone breaks in and takes your box unless your putting memory cards into the cameras you have no pics of who did it ( mines not tied into a security system). Not worded the way I'm trying to say but for some reason today I can't think of a better way of asking (maybe a ruff night lol).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you mean does it store the data locally on a DVR device, or on the Cloud? Cloud storage would be highly recommended for the very reason you mention. A perp could locate the storage device (unless it's WELL hidden) and take it with him, in which case the footage would be lost. I would think even memory cards in a camera wouldn't be ideal since the camera can be yanked off the garage, too. My home security system uses Cloud storage. My original security cameras used a DVR for storage and the box was in my family room. Not really smart, but that's where the security company installed it. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread