Soon to be new shop!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just bought some NewAge wall cabinets. Not sure how high to mount them.

It would make things easier to stack the cabinet like pictured, then mount. That's 18" from the table.
1c9d01179ed8f844ea6eeb2a5a0974be.jpg
15f09814be7be2df09a0dae1061a3bce.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, 18" isn't bad at all. Get some magnetic LED lights and mount them underneath.
Then in the 18" gap you can mount pegboard or a tackboard. Whatever works best for you.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, 18" isn't bad at all. Get some magnetic LED lights and mount them underneath.
Then in the 18" gap you can mount pegboard or a tackboard. Whatever works best for you.
Cool you think 18" is enough height? Seems like a good height to reach stuff out of there.

Edit:. Looks like 18" is average distance. Should work!

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Cool you think 18" is enough height? Seems like a good height to reach stuff out of there.

Edit:. Looks like 18" is average distance. Should work!

Yes, 16"-20" is about average. It depends on how tall the bench is.
Overall height from floor to top of cabinet is under 70" in most cases. Those are kinda tall, so you could probably go up a couple inches above that. I installed custom office furniture for almost 20 years. You want to be able to reach everything from the front of the desk/bench for the most part.
A cheap pencil/junk draw mounted to the bottom of the bench would be convenient I bet too.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just measured mine, it's 21" above the bench.

Not sure I would go any lower than that.
Overall height from floor to top of cabinet is under 70" in most cases. Those are kinda tall, so you could probably go up a couple inches above that. I installed custom office furniture for almost 20 years. You want to be able to reach everything from the front of the desk/bench for the most part.
A cheap pencil/junk draw mounted to the bottom of the bench would be convenient I bet too.
Thanks for the help! I may go up to 20-22". I'll try to mount them this weekend.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mounting a single "junk" drawer under the bench (right side if you're right handed) is an excellent idea, Paul. It looks like Brady would still have enough open space under the top to utilize the two bench stools.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well it worked out better having the cabinets a little lower. This will be where all my detailing supplies go.

I'll be ordering up some LED rechargeable lights t stick under the cabinets.
9f95ced96f74816196283235e12e0e0a.jpg
2d84ddcdecbb6dac59a240c88b6e4d84.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job with the cabinets, complete with locks. Must be high end cleaning supplies! LOL.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice job! Why not add an outlet and just plug the lights in. You can see the power running right across the wall. Plus, your bench has an outlet strip you could utilize as well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice job! Why not add an outlet and just plug the lights in. You can see the power running right across the wall. Plus, your bench has an outlet strip you could utilize as well.
That's probably a better idea. I was thinking about that
Sweet garage!
Appreciate it, thank you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That makes total sense, Paul. A junction box, some conduit to the outlet mounted just below the cabinet. Easy peasy. And a AC 3' LED florescent light fixture mounted under the cabinets. Plus you get at least one additional outlet for a tool, radio, etc.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That makes total sense, Paul. A junction box, some conduit to the outlet mounted just below the cabinet. Easy peasy. And a AC 3' LED florescent light fixture mounted under the cabinets. Plus you get at least one additional outlet for a tool, radio, etc.
The hardest part is deciding on which style to go with LoL.

I've been looking at 1 longer light or 3 lights that are 12" in length. They basically all plug in together. It would be nice having a light that's magnetic or even 3m tape.

Maybe something like this. Just not sure how many I need.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread