Soon to be new shop!

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Question guys, if you lived here in the south where I am "temps 35-70/72-98 would you still use the product that you used up there and why?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can, just to be safe, give it at least 48 hours if they told you 24 hours. Like I said in my last post, I gave it just under 3 days to play it safe. If it feel truly dry at the 24 hour mark, you can still move furniture in, etc., and maybe even do that mostly tomorrow. Then on Saturday, move any vehicle in. Just a suggestion. I'm very happy that I bit the bullet and reluctantly kept my G-70 outside for two nights and three days. But I gave her a nice wash before moving her into the garage. So she was fine with my decision. LOL.
The floor won't see any vehicles until spring when the weather is nice enough to drive. Tomorrow I'll probably put down a big 3x16 foot entry rug. I seem to find some flies stuck to the floor lol.

I also have two new office chairs coming tomorrow, I'll probably put those in this weekend. Unfortunately, I have a small water leak. The floor installers told me about it. Plumbers coming tomorrow to install new toilet and check out the leak. Once that's fixed the floor guy will redo that little section. The chips didn't hold.
Question guys, if you lived here in the south where I am "temps 35-70/72-98 would you still use the product that you used up there and why?
I'd do some research on polyurea. It's suppose to be flexible. Which is good for all temperatures. Right now the smell is pretty strong and bothersome to my eyes. Suppose to settle down after a couple days.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah the smell! Like a porta-potty, right? The first day was BAD, and I was forewarned. LOL. By day 3 it had pretty much subsided, but I could smell it until about the end of a week. That was the last of the smell.

Did the installers seal off your doors to keep critters and most bugs out? They sealed mine well, but your doors are MUCH bigger so it would probably me harder. Plus, I did mine in late Fall with temps around 40-45 so the bugs and flies were pretty much gone for the season. The fly carcasses will brush right off the sealer. No biggie.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah the smell! Like a porta-potty, right? The first day was BAD, and I was forewarned. LOL. By day 3 it had pretty much subsided, but I could smell it until about the end of a week. That was the last of the smell.

Did the installers seal off your doors to keep critters and most bugs out? They sealed mine well, but your doors are MUCH bigger so it would probably me harder. Plus, I did mine in late Fall with temps around 40-45 so the bugs and flies were pretty much gone for the season. The fly carcasses will brush right off the sealer. No biggie.
Mine doesn't smell like a porta-potty. But it's strong and I can't really open the windows or doors in the winter. But maybe I should for a little bit.

They coated up against the walls some.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Added new office chairs. I'm having a hard time finding a floor cabinet for the bathroom. I was looking at this, but it's not a traditional style bathroom cabinet.
8a4ff2125c55092034ef1dbd8c5a82f7.jpg
ddc13726e04a37337610ece8e1127cd2.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This is turning out so nice, you better not mess it up by putting cars, tools, etc in it.

Looks great.
Thank you! It's funny you say that. I told the wife I'll probably still wrench on the cars in the garage if the task could get messy! She says, "That won't surprise me one bit".

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you! It's funny you say that. I told the wife I'll probably still wrench on the cars in the garage if the task could get messy! She says, "That won't surprise me one bit".

that floor coating cleans up soooooo easy though. My car drips some engine oil and trans fluid, wipes right up. Any chemicals or dirt that dried up a damp paper towel is all it takes. brake fluid, brake cleaner etc... are the only things that really concern me at this point

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny you say that Brady, I say the same thing. I will continue to use my old shop for messy or harder wrenching and use the new shop more for detailing or displaying the cars.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny you say that Brady, I say the same thing. I will continue to use my old shop for messy or harder wrenching and use the new shop more for detailing or displaying the cars.
Makes sense! That's my thoughts!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, cleaning the floor is as easy as a damp mop for me. I expect in the summer months to pretty much dry mob it with the occasional wet mopping of any areas that get dirty from dripping water from the cars, etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Id be clearing out that storage unit asap, get stuff moved in and settled before summer (and all of the distractions associated with good weather). You would also ditch the units rent (maybe you have a year contract, so that does not matter). Ramp truck on a clear dry day to move the car to avoid the salt.

Users who are viewing this thread