Soon to be new shop!

quad

Established Member
Suspended ceiling does offer ease of installation and future access, along with affordability. However, with the expense and time someone has put in with the tongue and groove woodwork, that would be ashame. In hindsight he might have stained or finished his exposed framing on the ceiling for an awesome rustic look with some contemporary track lighting. This would have been inexpensive, maintain a better ceiling height opposed to adding another layer.
Liner panel is another option, but complicated by the liner panel already on the wall. There is no EASY clean method to accomplish this once the room is already framed in. It can be done though. I install a lot of liner panel in commercial applications and even in my wood shop. It runs about $1 a square foot plus installation.

View attachment 1733802

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yep I agree. The exposed floor joists don't look bad at all. That is a sought-after look in some loft renovations. I would leave it as it is.

1637187500_71-na-dache-pro-p-potolok-iz-derevyannikh-dosok-foto-73.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a few of these and they are super bright, and cheap.
They can be found at True Value stores, or most hardware stores for $19.99

hykolity 5000K LED Shop Light Linkable, 4FT Daylight 42W LED Ceiling Lights for Garages, Workshops, Basements,hanging or FlushMount, Power Cord W/ Built-in ON/Off Switch, 4200lm, ETL- 1 Pack

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I would go all in, I would install a 2G box, one side would be a duplex, then the other would be a switch for the under cab lights.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a few of these and they are super bright, and cheap.
They can be found at True Value stores, or most hardware stores for $19.99

hykolity 5000K LED Shop Light Linkable, 4FT Daylight 42W LED Ceiling Lights for Garages, Workshops, Basements,hanging or FlushMount, Power Cord W/ Built-in ON/Off Switch, 4200lm, ETL- 1 Pack
Link isn't working for me.

I may order this from Amazon. Overall my cabinets length is 72". I'm looking at the 40" light. I like that it's black and has multiple color settings. It's not cheap at 140.00 dollars though.

I also need to figure out mounting. Not sure I want to drill holes and have screws protruding through the inside. I wonder if heavy duty double sided tape would hold it?
03ea7ed6c4f239f218b4361246a94320.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Does this link work? It's a 4 pack of the same light from my first link

hykolity 4 Pack 4FT LED Shop Light, Linkable Utility Shop Lights, 42W, 5000K Daylight White Shop Light for Garages, Workshops,hanging or FlushMount, Power Cord W/ Built-in ON/Off Switch, ETL

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Does this link work? It's a 4 pack of the same light from my first link

hykolity 4 Pack 4FT LED Shop Light, Linkable Utility Shop Lights, 42W, 5000K Daylight White Shop Light for Garages, Workshops,hanging or FlushMount, Power Cord W/ Built-in ON/Off Switch, ETL
No might be because I'm using Tapatalk.

Edit:. I just copied and pasted to Amazon site. I don't think I need anything that heavy duty for just under the cabinets. They look like good quality though.

quad

Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Those cabinet handles are hardcore triggering my ocd

Overall looks great though
They are a little shiny looking in the pictures. I couldn't beat the 85.00 per cabinet price. They are NewAge cabinets which seem to have decent reviews.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd say that is plenty of light. For when you need it, like taking a few minutes to browse through a maintenance manual.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good Brady. I think even I could see with those.
I'd say that is plenty of light. For when you need it, like taking a few minutes to browse through a maintenance manual.
Thanks!

I finally figured out how to dim them. They were super bright.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I too want to see some more pictures of the GT350. A guy that coaches youth baseball at the same place I do had been looking for one for several months, and finally picked up an Avalanche Grey model. It looks great, but blue tickles my special place.

Users who are viewing this thread