Soon to be new shop!

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen these lifts for several years, car shows mostly. I knew what I was buying and can't really say much about it as far as use yet. I put a car on and ran it up but that's about it.

I like that I can walk under it without worrying about hitting my head! I opted for the aluminum box that makes for a large flush area in case you want a motor cycle or 4 wheeler on it. "I will be using it as an elevator"
It is too bad they are as slow as they are but hey, everything has some sort of an issue i guess.

Mine doesn't have the jack, just the jack tray. It rolls very easy and will do what I need it to do without buying the jack.
It will be sometime before it sees regular use because the building is not finished yet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen these lifts for several years, car shows mostly. I knew what I was buying and can't really say much about it as far as use yet. I put a car on and ran it up but that's about it.

I like that I can walk under it without worrying about hitting my head! I opted for the aluminum box that makes for a large flush area in case you want a motor cycle or 4 wheeler on it. "I will be using it as an elevator"
It is too bad they are as slow as they are but hey, everything has some sort of an issue i guess.

Mine doesn't have the jack, just the jack tray. It rolls very easy and will do what I need it to do without buying the jack.
It will be sometime before it sees regular use because the building is not finished yet.
Cool. I guess I'm lucky I called when I did. They have it in stock, but back to the 50's is next weekend and they normally sell it. So it could have been another 7-8 weeks.

I also purchased the air operated jack.
Advantage Rolling Jack (Air-Operated)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brady, any thought to hiring yourself out for mod/maintenance work once you have the lift installed (and jack) and have all the tools at hand. Might help pay for the lift over time. That's IF you'd even want to get into that. You might just want to keep the garage as a personal collection warehouse and getaway with your friends and family.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Brady, any thought to hiring yourself out for mod/maintenance work once you have the lift installed (and jack) and have all the tools at hand. Might help pay for the lift over time. That's IF you'd even want to get into that. You might just want to keep the garage as a personal collection warehouse and getaway with your friends and family.
I've had many people ask me about that. Even about detailing cars, but I'd want more practice with my dual action polisher.

As of now, I think just a nice personal hang out place away from home.

But things could change. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's about what I figured you'd say. Hey, either way you go, Brady, it's a win. Down the road, should you want to sell it, your enhancements have increased the value of the property big time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That's about what I figured you'd say. Hey, either way you go, Brady, it's a win. Down the road, should you want to sell it, your enhancements have increased the value of the property big time.
Right on! I don't plan on selling it. Hard to find anything around here, and it's less than a mile from my house.

If anything, I'd buy another shop, maybe just cold storage.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a lift!
IMG_20210628_122659432.jpg
IMG_20210628_122532558.jpg
IMG_20210628_124914972.jpg

View attachment 1709943

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, how do you like it?
Wow is all I can say! This lift feels super sturdy. I didn't get to put the rubber pads under the footings. I guess those are being shipped to me.
Congratulations, have you put a car on it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just did! It's raining here now, I was hoping to get the cobra back to the shop. Maybe tomorrow.
IMG_20210628_140139722.jpg
IMG_20210628_141554326.jpg
IMG_20210628_141619820.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Any shop insurance changes for the lift?
As far as? My insurance company doesn't know I have it. We have insurance about 30k more than we bought the shop for.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought you would like it. It is so stout that it feels like its bolted down.
Brady, I don't know if they told you but you can take the stops off the rear and that will allow you to leave the ramps on while the lift goes up and down. You might not care to do that but I don't like taking them on and off.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought you would like it. It is so stout that it feels like its bolted down.
Brady, I don't know if they told you but you can take the stops off the rear and that will allow you to leave the ramps on while the lift goes up and down. You might not care to do that but I don't like taking them on and off.
Definitely. I had to push on the column a bit to see how sturdy it was. Seems pretty heavy duty. Nope they never told me about that. I was wondering if I put the ramps on right lol.
Liability? IDK, just asking.
That's a good point. I may have to talk to them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Too bad you didn't have the rubber pads when you installed the lift. How hard will it be to place them under each post footing?

Looks really good. What a joy to be able to work on the undercarriage when the car is in the air.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
You really have to watch the front stops, they will hit a low car like the 03.
Do you think the jacks will clear the Terminator?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Too bad you didn't have the rubber pads when you installed the lift. How hard will it be to place them under each post footing?

Looks really good. What a joy to be able to work on the undercarriage when the car is in the air.
Yup. Should be pretty easy with the casters. Maybe a 5-10 minute job. I'm super excited!
You really have to watch the front stops, they will hit a low car like the 03.
Do you think the jacks will clear the Terminator?
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to do some measuring again. The headers on the notch sit pretty low and it cleared. I'll probably have the wife watch while I'm driving on it.
View attachment 1709947View attachment 1709948View attachment 1709949

I just showed these to a coworker and he said that all I really want in life, a lift and a notch. Nothing else.

That is a sweet set up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Awesome . I appreciate it!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Taking it to another level of badassery Brady lol.

Man, I wish I had a shop like that to build my 65. Would make things so much easier.

It's nice to have choices in life Brady. You can just enjoy your shop or use it to make some money.

Hell, you could even rent the space for a few hours and let people pay you while they work on their own cars and you sit back, enjoy your shop, and collect some cash.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread