Sony NEX5T Compact Camera

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
1579299_500x500_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Sony NEX5T Compact System Camera with 1650mm Retractable Lens Silver NEX5TLS - Best Buy

So the wife comes back home with a new camera. Shes not one that will get excited about taking pictures and learn how to use a SLR. We just want a nice camera that will handle motion well. Babys, cars, pets, etc. This one just seems like alot and too much for our needs, plus the 55 210mm lense makes this an $850 camera! She purchased the warranty as well because the mirror needs cleaned once a year? You camera folks out there have any advice? Is there another option that will be a better camera for us?

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
If she's just snapping pics I would of just got a Nikon point and shoot.

That's a lot for just snapping pics that arent going anywhere but the hard drive lol..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. There are so many excellent higher end point and shoots. Bridge cameras are great, too. They're in-between a point & shoot and DSLR. Like the Panasonic FZ200 that I use and love. It has an excellent lens and great zoom (24x 25-600mm equivalent lens with F2.8 across the zoom range). You really have quite a few choices that will save you a lot of money over that Sony NEX5T.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Review: Digital Photography Review

cb900f

Established Member
I got my wife the samsung galaxy camera. No more having to get me to download pictures, etc. It hits the wifi at the house, and she can send to facebook, email, etc.

Galaxy Camera | Samsung

CMOS isn't great, but it's not bad. Has a good digital zoom (21x). Plus I get to play angry birds on it. lol

Users who are viewing this thread