sonic blue runs a 11 sec quater

ron cobra 03

Established Member
:burn: went to my local ford day at our local track at MIR raceway i was in the car show and while went to look at the races thier was this sonic blue running and on it first run it ran a 11 second run with just his left light out for air and a lighting pulley and chip and exsust.But sad to say he destroyed his rear in the car wonder if ford will repair it if they find out he was raceing. when he ran the 11 needless to say i had a rush over at the black 03.

2HORSE CORRAL

I was there, outstanding run, think it was 11.77 @ 122mph did'nt notice he broke anything but I left shortly after. Ran my black cobra stock 13.46 @ 100 but I could'nt get it in 4th gear and went across the traps in nuetral, hence the low mph. best mph anouther day was 107 but I still wonder if something is wrong with my car, gave it my best maybe I just can't drive!

Trader

Established Member
Originally posted by 2horse
I was there, outstanding run, think it was 11.77 @ 122mph did'nt notice he broke anything but I left shortly after. Ran my black cobra stock 13.46 @ 100 but I could'nt get it in 4th gear and went across the traps in nuetral, hence the low mph. best mph anouther day was 107 but I still wonder if something is wrong with my car, gave it my best maybe I just can't drive!

Do you have an aftermarket shifter? Might want to get one if you dont have one.

TruBlu03

I know I can't drive worth a spit, better than some but worse than most. 11.77 @122 is moving some mail. These cars are just too sweet. Didn't see any 03's running at Moroso yesterday. The yellow Steeda Q400 ran a 12.5x, traction appeard to be a problem, very quiet car. I did see a silver GT which appeared to blow the engine, oil all over the track, ouch.

On a side note, I got toasted buy a Lightning last night on the way home. Basically, I'm a sucky driver, I couldn't get traction 1st, 2nd or 3rd and I know he was running nitrous,(chatted after the fact). Wicked fast Lightning, probably would have beat me even if I could drive. Thinking I might need the pulley and chip, add a little nitrous to offset my crappy driving but that would increase the traction problems :D :D On a positive note I didn't miss third this time, hehe oh well.

:beer:

sonic cobra

Established Member
Saw a sonic blue coupe at e'town on wed run 11.88 @ 119.He was back on Sat and ran 11.7 @ 117 (very strong head wind) Looks like he's running nittos, don't know about any other mods.

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
Ran mine stock at 13.59 at 106,97 MPH. 30 PSI in tire tires.
Is this about the limit for stock? Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread