Something new

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
2018 ZL1 1LE inbound. Already ordered 2" headers, Big Gulp, Kong X port, cam, valvetrain, ripping out fuel system and converting to port injection. Expect ~800 whp. Thanks to @13COBRA for advice.

638105907678599787.jpg

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
What port injection are you going with? I was eyeing the toohighpsi. Haven't talked to the tuner about it yet though. We were alarmed at the build up on my valves for a car with just 11k on it

VegasMichael

Established Member
2018 ZL1 1LE inbound. Already ordered 2" headers, Big Gulp, Kong X port, cam, valvetrain, ripping out fuel system and converting to port injection. Expect ~800 whp. Thanks to @13COBRA for advice.

638105907678599787.jpg
Very nice, Klaus. Should be lots of fun. No disrespect, but when I saw Big Gulp my 12 year-old mind immediately thought of this:
BIGGULP-superJumbo.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
What port injection are you going with? I was eyeing the toohighpsi. Haven't talked to the tuner about it yet though. We were alarmed at the build up on my valves for a car with just 11k on it

I am going with the TooHigh set up as well.

I do not know shit about LT fueling. I spent a bunch of time researching low side and high side set ups and still feel very ignorant.

I put LT fueling up there with "is there a god" and "the clitoris" in terms of life's greatest mysteries.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I am going with the TooHigh set up as well.

I do not know shit about LT fueling. I spent a bunch of time researching low side and high side set ups and still feel very ignorant.

I put LT fueling up there with "is there a god" and "the clitoris" in terms of life's greatest mysteries.
Lol it is a confusing platform, especially with all the choices. Makes me appreciate the simplicity (or monopoly) on coyote tuning. You ask 5 different people what to do on LS/LT stuff, you aren't getting the same answer from any of them. I bet there are 2 people who can tune an LS in my neighborhood lol.

When I first saw that toohighpsi kit I was happy to see a possible fuel system to run full e85 without spending like 8-10k. Everyone with a cam and booster are having to run a mix, which I'd rather not do. Then you see an occasional guy say he's running pump e85 and NOT running outta fuel...so who knows.

Beautiful hyper blue man, you'll have to let us know how that kit works out for ya

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol it is a confusing platform, especially with all the choices. Makes me appreciate the simplicity (or monopoly) on coyote tuning. You ask 5 different people what to do on LS/LT stuff, you aren't getting the same answer from any of them. I bet there are 2 people who can tune an LS in my neighborhood lol.

When I first saw that toohighpsi kit I was happy to see a possible fuel system to run full e85 without spending like 8-10k. Everyone with a cam and booster are having to run a mix, which I'd rather not do. Then you see an occasional guy say he's running pump e85 and NOT running outta fuel...so who knows.

Beautiful hyper blue man, you'll have to let us know how that kit works out for ya
LS/LT are like legos you can literally come up with tons of different setups

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The Toohighpsi kit works in conjunction with the DI setup. You will probably need to upgrade your low side fuel system as well to supply the added fuel needed from the tank side to the high/rail side depepending on your power goals.

It is similar to how GM did the C7 ZR1. Same LT4 high side parts (I’m currently using) with an added Port Injection setup.

My low side is good for 1300hp. I’m running a cam with a +32% fuel lobe so it overdrives the high side pump too. Still limited to about 850whp without supplemental port or the Lingenfelter pump and XDI +30-65% DI injectors. That is a 6-7k proposition for parts alone. Meth is an option but I don’t want to rely on it for additional fueling and have a $200 pump failure take out my built short block.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread