Something for the 00R owners to check

Cobra-R

Established Member
Just came in from working on installing a new guage on the 00R and found something you guys may want to take a look at.

While looking for a spot to run a wire into the car, I found a one missing and one loose screw that holds the clutch cable to the firewall. The Cable comes up from the bellhousing up kinda by the rear right corner of the battery and over the top of the valve cover to the firewall. There is a plastic piece that supports the cable that has two hex head screws that thread into the firewall.

I don't think it would cause any kind of real mechanical problem with them loose, but I really don't know. Just check yours out for a piece of mind.

Brian

ps. If anyone can't figure out what I am talking about, let me know and I can take a picture.

Andy M

Established Member
Thanks Brian.

I will have Kenny Bumbera check this out also, since my R will be over there for some other work anyway this week.

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Thanks Brian.

I will have Kenny Bumbera check this out also, since my R will be over there for some other work anyway this week.

hey andy, while you're talking with kenny. ask him where they tied my oil pressure and oil temp lines too when they installed my guages.

brian wants to know and i can't get to my car to see. thanks

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

hey andy, while you're talking with kenny. ask him where they tied my oil pressure and oil temp lines too when they installed my guages.

brian wants to know and i can't get to my car to see. thanks

I got the oil pressure taken care of, so the main question would be for the engine oil temp.

Thanks, Brian

Users who are viewing this thread