Something amiss with N2MB Wot Box install

PM-Performance

Established Member
So I got the WOT Box installed to what i think was correct.
I did all the led tests and setup the software and all seems fine as far as I know.

Accelerator down = Fast blink and triggering like 3.77V on the box
Clutch down = .01V up and 5V down
Clutch down with Accelerator down the fast blink is interrupted by a solid and then blinking again.

Set for Ford CPK in the software.

I went out to try it out last night and it seems the ignition was not cutting. I turned on the 2step as well to test and it did not trigger the 2 step either.
So from their instructions, it led me to believe I did not wire the coil packs correctly. I unplugged the box and the car does not start. So that seems that part is fine.

Suggestions on what to check here?

Maybe its the wire that goes to the CPS? I pinned it out to get the correct black/pink wire

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Established Member
Recommend you hit up support @ N2MB. In my experience, they are very willing to help....

Thanks, I am emailing Jon already
First time around he thought there was a config issue and has me re write everything.
I had some weirdness along the way, but eventually got everything rewrote and same problems.
I don’t think it is a wiring issue though, but don’t we all think that? Lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thanks, I am emailing Jon already
First time around he thought there was a config issue and has me re write everything.
I had some weirdness along the way, but eventually got everything rewrote and same problems.
I don’t think it is a wiring issue though, but don’t we all think that? Lol
Verify all your female terminal ends at the box are not spread open. I had an issue with my WOT Box cutting out going over bumps. Everything was wired up correctly and the unit operated normally except for going over bumps it would cut ignition.

Went back and forth with N2MB and they were extremely helpful. Even sent me a new WOT Box in case that was the issue. Turns out my pins were spread and when the car went over bumps it would momentarily open the ignition circuit from poor contact.

Best customer support Ive delt with so far in the industry. I will rep their products gladly and loudly based on this dedication to the people that have purchased their products.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Verify all your female terminal ends at the box are not spread open. I had an issue with my WOT Box cutting out going over bumps. Everything was wired up correctly and the unit operated normally except for going over bumps it would cut ignition.

Went back and forth with N2MB and they were extremely helpful. Even sent me a new WOT Box in case that was the issue. Turns out my pins were spread and when the car went over bumps it would momentarily open the ignition circuit from poor contact.

Best customer support Ive delt with so far in the industry. I will rep their products gladly and loudly based on this dedication to the people that have purchased their products.

Mine isn’t cutting at all.

Reaper14

Established Member
I just did this on my 5.0 with same issues. In the end it was just me not setting driver up right on laptop. Wouldnt save threshold to 1.7

Vic

PM-Performance

Established Member
I just did this on my 5.0 with same issues. In the end it was just me not setting driver up right on laptop. Wouldnt save threshold to 1.7

Vic

Care to elaborate? Mine will not load that prolific driver and keeps running another driver.
It reads all the signals, but won’t let me apply anything

PM-Performance

Established Member
Meant that you need to make sure none of the pins are causing the box to lose a signal. Your ignition is wired correctly, otherwise the car wouldnt run.

I am not sure what would cause it to lose connection?
I rechecked my wiring.
All the lights light as they should. Voltage checks where it needs to check.
Not a single one of the features is working.
Did you tap into the coil packs around fuse 38/40 area? They are marked engine 2 or3 if memory serves me?
15a dude?

PM-Performance

Established Member
Can you post a screenshot of whats showing up on your computer?

I can post tons. I been working with John all day and he keeps telling me to try the same stuff.
I think I have proved out everything I can.
I gotta see if I can host them somewhere. They are too large for the forum

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I can post tons. I been working with John all day and he keeps telling me to try the same stuff.
I think I have proved out everything I can.
I gotta see if I can host them somewhere. They are too large for the forum
Open in paint, go to resize and reduce by 75%, save as .jpeg. Seems to do the trick

PM-Performance

Established Member
Open in paint, go to resize and reduce by 75%, save as .jpeg. Seems to do the trick
I know. I was on my phone.
This may actually work better. These are some snippets pre editing for my youtube install video. This also shows the screens testing for John

now that being said, EVERYTHING tests out the way it should and LEDS blink as they should. He now came back that my coil wires are reversed, but that is going against what his instructions say to do.
So to be clear, did you wire the Red to the fuse box and the Orange back to the harness? Or did you reverse that from his instructions?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Yes, Sniped wire. From power to Wot box via red. From wot box to coils Orange. Black ground loop to chassi ground.

My 2011 is set up a little different due to my gas pedal but its essentially the same wiring.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Yes, Sniped wire. From power to Wot box via red. From wot box to coils Orange. Black ground loop to chassi ground.

My 2011 is set up a little different due to my gas pedal but its essentially the same wiring.

I am 110% sure the wiring is spot on. I think the box is bad. I can set functions in it all day long, but it’s not pushing to the car.
I’m not reverting my wiring that is correct just on a whim.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I just took the lid off and one of the serial port pins isn’t even soldered.
I would think communication would be all or nothing, but who knows

The N2MB guy is going in circles and telling me nonsensical stuff.
I think I cut my harness up for nothing on this thing.

Anyone with an 07-09 that can confirm my wiring here?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member

PM-Performance

Established Member
Noticed in your vid that the enabled boxes weren't selected. I installed this on my 09 last fall, but have yet to try it. I connected the red wotbox wire under the fuse box, and the orange to the coils. Also remember using a shop manual for the PCM tie ins. This link may or may not help you. https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...d-raptor-shift-light-on-a-2009-gt500.1163344/

The check box is t the issue. Literally nothing on this box works but the leds
That toggle did toggle off on its own though, but no 2 step, no wot switch, no rev limit. It a single thing works

merkyworks

Established Member
Maybe its as simple as the box is defective, could you send box back to them for diagnostics?

Users who are viewing this thread