Some upgrades for badcobra - Twin PTE 6870's, 6" Garrett intercooler

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
1500whp? That's ****ing crazy. I wouldn't even go for a ride in that thing.

Wait. Yes I would.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Completely insane where you have progressed your Cobra to!
1500+ rwhp and still a street car lol. Beautiful!!

Can you post some info on your crankcase evac set up?
Thanks
Ken
Hi Ken, thanks man. Planning to drive it to work next week a couple days, gonna be a beautiful fall week here in MN! The catch can is -12an and the tank is down in the passenger side inner fender. I used this tank and the straight fitting below. Although the 90 degree fittings are MUCH better and when they come back in stock I am going re-do the valve cover fittings to those with straight hose ends.

Baffled Aluminum Breather Tank / Oil Catch Can Tube -12 AN Dual Left | eBay

upload_2020-10-1_12-35-24.png

1500whp? That's ****ing crazy. I wouldn't even go for a ride in that thing.

Wait. Yes I would.
Haha thanks man. Car is pretty controllable on the street. With boost by MPH and traction control, I can get the power down.

Travis 88

Dome pressure is the pressure on the hot side and if it is 1 to 1 you more than likely over exceeded ar size 30 psi boost and 30 psi dome Pressure is OK but if you get 30 psi boost and 32 36 psi dome that means the motor is failing on letting exhaust leave motor and Typically you will lose power

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Dome pressure is lower than boost.
Dome pressure is the pressure on the hot side and if it is 1 to 1 you more than likely over exceeded ar size 30 psi boost and 30 psi dome Pressure is OK but if you get 30 psi boost and 32 36 psi dome that means the motor is failing on letting exhaust leave motor and Typically you will lose power
Dome pressure at peak power was 31psi, boost pressure was 35.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Hi Ken, thanks man. Planning to drive it to work next week a couple days, gonna be a beautiful fall week here in MN! The catch can is -12an and the tank is down in the passenger side inner fender. I used this tank and the straight fitting below. Although the 90 degree fittings are MUCH better and when they come back in stock I am going re-do the valve cover fittings to those with straight hose ends.

View attachment 1665093

Haha thanks man. Car is pretty controllable on the street. With boost by MPH and traction control, I can get the power down.

Did you run a hose to each valve cover, or just the passengers side.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Most people refer to it as back pressure! At least that’s what I’ve always heard it called!

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member

View attachment 1665093
Thank you sir!

95Cobra_Iowa

Established Member
1500 whp is all? Must be a boring drive. Sounds like it's time to go twin 7675 now. :)

That's gotta pull as hard in high gear as in 1st and 2nd, crazy!

95Cobra_Iowa

Established Member
You're going to make me git rid of my twin 6466s before they even get installed. Haha

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
1500 whp is all? Must be a boring drive. Sounds like it's time to go twin 7675 now. :)

That's gotta pull as hard in high gear as in 1st and 2nd, crazy!

You're going to make me git rid of my twin 6466s before they even get installed. Haha
I can see 7675's in my future someday , but not any time soon though lol. I just got the car home last night, so I need to do just a couple things and then gonna go drive it some, probably drive it to work too this week. The 6870's make more power everywhere compared to the 6766's so definitely a big improvement. You can certainly start with the 6466's and upgrade later.

rjdcvNcl.jpg

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Cleaned the car and went for a rip with my son. Stopped in town and did a quick walk-around video. I have a virtual 'soft' button on my dash that opens the loudvalve cut-outs. They were open for this, otherwise the car is so quiet through the mufflers, the mic on the phone will hardly pick up the sound lol

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Hit the track this past weekend. Went in street trim on my Nitto drag radials. Had some issues with high boost and breaking up with a bad RPM trace above 23psi so we turned it way down and I was able to run a couple 8 second passes. Happy with the result all things considered. Now to get this problem fixed and try for some better results probably next year since it's late fall here in MN.

Users who are viewing this thread