Some upgrades for badcobra - Twin PTE 6870's, 6" Garrett intercooler

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
How in the world did you get tucked in so nicely? I was gonna do the same but seems the frame on the front barely lets the radiator go in.
So, here is what you have to do. First, the mounting brackets on the radiator need to be removed. Second, you need to cut the lip off the top and bottom of the radiator. Once you do that, it will push way forward. A custom mount will need to be made to secure it. Doing this created the room I needed to fit these 68mm turbos.

termcobra281

Established Member
So, here is what you have to do. First, the mounting brackets on the radiator need to be removed. Second, you need to cut the lip off the top and bottom of the radiator. Once you do that, it will push way forward. A custom mount will need to be made to secure it. Doing this created the room I needed to fit these 68mm turbos.
Awsome thanks for the tips. I did remove the brackets so I guess I need to work those lips. What did you make your brackets from?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Like all projects it seems, some things are snowballing. My wiring guru decided to start ditching a lot of the stock wiring and cleaning everything up in the engine bay. He's also completely redoing the entire vacuum system, moving the regulator off the right inner fender and a whole host of other things. Removed the power steering cooler also. This is on top of wiring in bump, transbrake, coolant pressure, pre-intercooler temp etc. I'm totally fine with all this extra work, it will be worth it!

Ty83Fczl.jpg

nwwQ2NMl.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is a lot of extra work, but like you said, you'll be happier in the end and it will be worth it.

Can't wait to see photos and videos in May after all the work's done and you've been to the dyno.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's worth it trust me. Having a high boost vacuum system is really nice. I had my vacuum stuff redone on my car with high boost lines and fittings. Also had the entire wiring done in the car for the most part too. The amount of weight saved is very nice.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Sorry for taking so long to get back, you know how these cars can snowball. My tuner/wiring guru rewired the whole car and plumbed in a new vacuum system, along with wire tuck. And we also did a rear wing install. Best part is we got the car running and made some good power on the dyno. 1518whp / 1108tq. Now to get some street miles and a track outing in before winter. I am beyond thrilled with how everything turned out. I will post the dyno vid later.

XncqjtGl.jpg

63Z5PCEl.jpg

4pdPv8Sl.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Damn why waste all that money when when you can just put a 3.0 on a coyote?

Totally kidding, one, if not my favorite car on this forum. Thing is a street monster from your videos. Thanks for the update can't wait to see her eat. When did the stock coils give out of curiousity.

You're Haltech or Holley right? Edit never mind i can read stickers.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Damn why waste all that money when when you can just put a 3.0 on a coyote?

Totally kidding, one, if not my favorite car on this forum. Thing is a street monster from your videos. Thanks for the update can't wait to see her eat. When did the stock coils give out of curiousity.

You're Haltech or Holley right? Edit never mind i can read stickers.
Thanks man. I started having problems with the stock coils around 33lbs boost a couple years ago. I was having to gap the plugs down to .011" to get em to light off.

Travis 88

I understand that can you tell me the set up on this car where the heads cnc what cams compression ratio at what rpm are you seeing boost ?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I understand that can you tell me the set up on this car where the heads cnc what cams compression ratio at what rpm are you seeing boost ?
Here is the basic engine combo. It starts to spool about 5k

4.6 liter, 11:1 compression
Teksid block, Cobra crank
Manley I beam rods, Gibtec pistons
Ported DB heads, Sullivan intake
Todd Warren Cams
Precision 6870's
Pump e85

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Completely insane where you have progressed your Cobra to!
1500+ rwhp and still a street car lol. Beautiful!!

Can you post some info on your crankcase evac set up?
Thanks
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread