Some Random shots from Mike Dean, etc...

Snoopy49

Established Member
A better shot that shows it more clearly. It is indeed an oil separator!

View attachment 1571899

Question is, will it be a part you can buy from Ford Performance (FRPP of old) or is Ford actually going to include them as an OEM part on all of these badboys? My sense is the former.

It looks like it is self draining, if that is the case, it may come factory installed.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz GT500 yes.jpg

It looks like it is self draining, if that is the case, it may come factory installed.

I considered that too but something tells me Ford won't have the cojones to make this an OEM piece and you'll have to buy it from Ford Performance instead and install it yourself. We shall see though as it appears the ice is finally breaking and more underhood shots are finally showing up on the web...

Ah, appears this is in fact cold air intake? Couldn't tell for sure until that new pic
Not a "cold air intake" as it is a sealed box that gets fed from the grille opening.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Nah. Regardless, Ford uses bars on certain development cars but we will never see a production cage on a pedestrian model GT500. If that's what you want though I'm sure you know Watson has one ready to go...

Snoopy49

Established Member
I noticed the car had black stripes (painted?), so I thought I would take a closer look at the interior and see if the seat had a white stripe? Saw the cage, but no seat.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
=Not a "cold air intake" as it is a sealed box that gets fed from the grille opening.

I figured that thick foam might be fender well seal for in fender intake. Is there a good pic out there of grill intake?

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
I noticed the car had black stripes (painted?), so I thought I would take a closer look at the interior and see if the seat had a white stripe? Saw the cage, but no seat.
That is most Defintely a reflection, look at the ceiling lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Is there a good pic out there of grill intake?

If I had the opportunity to study a new GT500 in the flesh I'd unearth a plethora of detail that has so far gone unnoticed by those that have had the chance to do so. Drives me nuts having to scour for detail from shots that were centered on something else. Here's a couple that should give you an idea. The opening for the airbox (among others) is much bigger than that of the GT350...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Capture.JPG

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-aero11.jpg

The "funnel" behind the grille of the GT500 is similar to that of the GT350 but unobstructed. The GT350 had it's "fangs" placed directly over much of the intake opening.

Here's a shot that shows how big the intake funnel is on the GT350, on the right side...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  0603171808_resized.jpg~original.jpg

Yet the majority of that was choked off by the black trim piece leaving only a tiny hole. The GT500 has no such nonsense.:)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz111 0603171848_resized.jpg~original.jpg

Last edited:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
thank you for the detailed pics!
I havent owned an s550 yet let alone a shelby variant, so much of this is new to me since ive been going stangless since 2013:eek:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Wow,.....that is stinking gorgeous.
I think this red metallic color and that orange would be my first picks if I were after this car. Stunning.
I thought the Orange was the shit until I saw it in person. I didn't think it looked as good as the pics. IF I were ordering one, I'd have to see all the colors in person before hand.

I really like that Red yer talkin' about though.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the Orange was the shit until I saw it in person. I didn't think it looked as good as the pics. IF I were ordering one, I'd have to see all the colors in person before hand.
I really like that Red yer talkin' about though.
Yeah,....kind of tough to tell how good a color looks on a computer screen.
I'm really digging that red though Brochacho.

Users who are viewing this thread