Some Random shots from Mike Dean, etc...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
With my past few new cars I do address corrosion first. I like high temperature clear on exposed metal or aluminum surfaces. Cosmoline in areas you can't see. Light or white grease works great in certain areas as well.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
With my past few new cars I do address corrosion first. I like high temperature clear on exposed metal or aluminum surfaces. Cosmoline in areas you can't see. Light or white grease works great in certain areas as well.

Just buy some SS bolts.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
A Chris Stevens sketch that just surfaced...

Z stevens GT500 dark.jpg

As did a shot of Moray Callum, VP of Design at Ford. GT500 behind him looks to be Race Red.

z Moray Callum VP of Ford exterior design.jpg

Breitling

Established Member
These Base Model cars look really good.

Your post got me thinking...I remember when I was searching for my Trinity that it seemed like the PP cars outnumbered the "base" cars like 4 to 1. Since I would much rather have a "base" 2020 GT500, I wonder if I (and presumably many others) will have issues finding a base car (in addition to the overall lack of supply of the GT500). I have a feeling the track pack will be a very pricey option (due to the carbon fiber wheels) that I really don't want.

blk02edge

Established Member
Your post got me thinking...I remember when I was searching for my Trinity that it seemed like the PP cars outnumbered the "base" cars like 4 to 1. Since I would much rather have a "base" 2020 GT500, I wonder if I (and presumably many others) will have issues finding a base car (in addition to the overall lack of supply of the GT500). I have a feeling the track pack will be a very pricey option (due to the carbon fiber wheels) that I really don't want.
From what I understand reading around here is that the carbon package will actually be the hard to get one due to supply and that base will be more common. Seems like the carbon package is more along the lines of the 350R

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, it’ll be limited per the Ford documents we’ve seen but really, unless we see a huge increase in volume capability from Carbon Revolution on the wheels, there’s no doubt the Base cars will out number the CF Track Pack cars.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
An example:
2014 MY, Ford produced ( 600 ) SGM coupes, ( 553 ) were SVTPP equipped.
92 %..
Hey I’m one of those :)
Now how many of the 553 got no SVTTP, glass roofs, blue stripe Recaros?
No doubt the new 2020 GT500 would have a greater than 50% take rate on the CF Track Pack, but the reality is Ford will limit this number based on CF wheel availability.
J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If this is correct, CF track package will be limited to 25% as will the painted stripes.

View attachment 1578662

I think it’s smart to limit 2019/20 gt350 production so as to swan song it and create -gotta have it since it’s limited and I want it- factor

Not that I’m in a position to buy either, but the gt350 with a single would be where I would spend money if I felt I could right now

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hey I’m one of those :)
Now how many of the 553 got no SVTTP, glass roofs, blue stripe Recaros?
No doubt the new 2020 GT500 would have a greater than 50% take rate on the CF Track Pack, but the reality is Ford will limit this number based on CF wheel availability.
J
( www.martiauto.com ) has that answer & will mail it to you for $ 67.00..

DepWraith

Established Member
If this is correct, CF track package will be limited to 25% as will the painted stripes.

View attachment 1578662

Didn't someone say it was a limited production run? Per this graphic from Ford, it says "estimated at 5,000" based on previous production numbers. Saying there will be only 5,000 would be a limited production, but estimating that number doesn't sound like it's limited, rather more dictated by sales and production capability.

Users who are viewing this thread