Some questions on a datalog of mine.

SVTStampede

Established Member
It's a Magnuson on a 2012 5.0, stock minus GT500 axle backs and an open filter, using the supplied pulley which should be about 7lbs. I knew from others' experiences that the stock sized meter will max out, but I like to know what I'm seeing.

It's a third gear pull onto the highway.

It looks like the "maf flow rate" platues at around 5800 RPM. Am I assuming correctly that is the meter maxing out? Looks like frequency goes a little further though.

Also, any explanation why Bank2 goes so rich? Is that tied to issues of the stock meter? Looks like the short term fuel trim is removing a lot of fuel, am I right in thinking this is due to the car compensating for a maxed meter by dumping fuel and then pulling back?

This is the supplied tune from Magnuson. It actually drives really nice in general. Thanks for any information, just trying to learn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2dkj4fzleim9au/Magnuson 93 Octane-TC off-Thirdgear on ramp.csv?dl=0

Jdm351

Established Member
It's a Magnuson on a 2012 5.0, stock minus GT500 axle backs and an open filter, using the supplied pulley which should be about 7lbs. I knew from others' experiences that the stock sized meter will max out, but I like to know what I'm seeing.

It's a third gear pull onto the highway.

It looks like the "maf flow rate" platues at around 5800 RPM. Am I assuming correctly that is the meter maxing out? Looks like frequency goes a little further though.

Also, any explanation why Bank2 goes so rich? Is that tied to issues of the stock meter? Looks like the short term fuel trim is removing a lot of fuel, am I right in thinking this is due to the car compensating for a maxed meter by dumping fuel and then pulling back?

This is the supplied tune from Magnuson. It actually drives really nice in general. Thanks for any information, just trying to learn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2dkj4fzleim9au/Magnuson 93 Octane-TC off-Thirdgear on ramp.csv?dl=0
Since the MAF frequency continues to climb, it looks like the scalar is not set correctly. It will need a correlation for MAF frequency > ~10 and flow. I'd guess the table doesn't have any value over 69.75.

SVTStampede

Established Member
I see, thanks. So it's more of a tune problem than a hardware issue. I figured the supplied tune wouldn't be ideal and I won't be using it indefinitely.

It's a blast to drive so I guess I can't complain too much.

Users who are viewing this thread