Some more Dodge Demon news / predictions

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I applaud Dodge and their marketing dept. Ton's of hype for this car. Ford should take a lesson. With the DR's there is no way you're getting a test drive before purchase.

BTW, left nut for sale.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a SRA, since this is clearly meant for the drag strip.

This and the 18" wheels would really help shave off a lot of their claimed weight reductions.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
help me understand this please

this engine is so completely badass that it holds together at up to 35 lbs boost on jet fuel, and made 2,576 horsepower in initial testing. brass wouldn't approve it, but engineers know this, hence the license plate. for production they detuned it down to only about 12 lbs of boost for the street.

lol i was just kidding, i really don't know what it means -

snakecharmer

Established Member
Really curious to see how they manage a weight reduction. That platform is a porker and has needed an appointment with Jenny Craig for a long time. I just don't see how they do it without tossing a lot of the creature comforts that people expect.

Kudos to Dodge for doing it. It'll be a one-trick pony and not my cup of tea, but HP wars are never a bad thing. :)

Recon

Established Member
^ the real diet will be when it goes on the Giorgio platform. It's still good for the competition; maybe the GT500 will be able to answer the call.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

mustang_00

Established Member
since viper is dead and they have a lot of engines laying around. how likely would it be that it's a supercharged v10? nothing about it really makes sense haha. if it starts around 84k i'd be suspicious

when the new viper came out didn't SRT become a make?? it was no longer the dodge viper. it was SRT viper. why were other srt models still dodge and not also SRT??

Deric

Established Member
2576 kg equates to 5679.1 pounds, which sounds about right

hahahahahaahahhahahahahahaha

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Probably not at all correct, but another 2 guesses:

Cost for Demon = 2,576 british pounds x 35 payments. That comes to $113,085 US dollars at the current conversion rate. Nah.

Blower for Demon = 2,576 cc at 35 psia. That's 20.3 psig.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I applaud Dodge and their marketing dept. Ton's of hype for this car. Ford should take a lesson. With the DR's there is no way you're getting a test drive before purchase.

BTW, left nut for sale.
Agree Ford has left me looking else where. Need a blower to have some low down tire braking loose torque monster fun again. Well they gave us an irs and removed the blower :-( Go Dodge, hopefuly they don't have the ugly fender flares.

jbs$

Established Member
When it goes on the Giorgio Platform, then I am game. Until then i will just drive the current Hellcat.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
im with team awd. i dont see the purpose of having 315s up front unless its a purpose built road course car (which its not) or you need traction up front. if theyre making it a 1/4 mile monster the last thing you want to do is put more resistance on the front wheels. *unless there's a possible legal reason as suggested

for this much hype and increase in costs plus all the marketing costs/efforts to introduce a new edition of the challenger it had better have more than just wider tires, a little less weight and a little more power. it needs a lot more than that. those are all things a customer can essentially do themselves on a hellcat.

in order to shave weight, to offset the awd system and weigh less than a hellcat, they could be using carbon fiber parts, thinner glass, much lighter brakes, lighter racing style seats, lighter aluminum suspension parts etc..

if the car is awd, it will be the king of the muscle car wars and probably will remain that way.

if the car is rwd, it wont be that impressive (imo). hell they may as well just call it the hellcat track special or something. a little less weight, wider/smaller tires, some more power. ok, those three things will give it serious improvements in 1/4 mile times over a stock hellcat its not that impressive as owners can easily do these things themselves to their current cars.

im really hoping that its awd. i think that will be "revolutionary" (for a pony/muscle) car. if its still rwd, meh.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Know this is a Dodge thread but has to make one things about what Ford isn't doing again. I'd sure take a mustang awd, blower or turbos and one hell of a fast shifting auto. Ford can stay in the past with its rear wheel drive, stick shifts and n/a power while Dodge moves forward. Been saying this for years, customers have money to purchase 80+K sports cars. The GT is just to far away and unrealistic of a purchase to something to drive around town. The GT350 is just blah imo, mind as well get a mustang gt and strap a blower on it and call it a day. Miss the times when ford offered 600hp and instance torque down low turn key mustangs that you can easily add a good bit more power too. Good job again Dodge nice to see them moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread