Some guys like noise some like tone from the Mbrp catback to Arh pure thunder catback

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I just replaced my mbrp cat back with an American racing headers pure thunder cat back and wow what difference in sound and unexpectedly "power". I Liked my mbrp catback so long as i was just cruising, but going wot was so friggin raspy i just couldn't stand it anymore. From the momment i started my car up with the new Arh cat back i knew i had the sound i wanted. Now this is the only performance mod I've done and i felt the bump in power right off. The car is more responsive and more eager to move quickly. The ultimate test was a wot run and whether there was any rasp and there is none, no drone either. This cat back is 2 times the price of the mbrp cat back but in my mind its twice as good. This cat back will work perfectly for my n/a build to take place next month as i have Arh 1/78 th catted headers and x pipe ( bottleneck eliminator) that will bolt right up to it..anyway just wanted to share a good thing. If your interested in my mbrp cat back pm me...$475 takes it...

Classified add here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...street-catback-409-stainless-475-pick-up-only!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
sound is so subjective, i have wsome guys go through 5 or 6 systems searching for that perfect sound. glad you like the arh

as far as power, catbacks are maybe worth 1-3 hp, and already having a catback, i doubt there was any gain, more than likely the difference in tone

i tell everyone to buy off sound, not and claimed hp gains

Zodiac

Established Member
I had the ARH catback, didn't get a power gain from it. I liked it, construction and sound were great. Just not loud enough for me. My biggest complaint was the tiny tips.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I could of swore I saw a thread from you praising the mbrp set up, now all of a sudden you dont like it??

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
I could of swore I saw a thread from you praising the mbrp set up, now all of a sudden you dont like it??

I have been where the OP is about exhaust. I ran three different kinds to date. I liked each of them, until I got my full SW exhaust. I love the SW exhaust. At WOT you will not find a better exhaust.. It sounds like a race car. Some say they get drone, they are actually getting tone.. The exhaust has a great sound.. It is just loud.. You hear the car coming.. I love my SW exhaust, just want a quiet cruise tone.. The perfect sound is the stock GT500
Mufflers. Unfortunately, no one makes a cat back with that muffler. I hear that the ARH Pure Thunder cat back sounds amazing.. That may be my next buy.

Users who are viewing this thread