Some good info about in-tank fuel pump hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I have been following a post over on NLOC about fuel pressure and found something out about fuel hose... Most all of the hoses out there for use in fuel systems are not designed to be used for in-tank fuel pump applications. Right now there is only one hose company out there that makes a hose that is specifically designed to be used in submersible fuel pump applications. That company is Gates and the hose is the SAE 30R10 Submersible Fuel Line Hose. This hose is specifically designed to be used in applications where the hose will be submersed in fuel. Other fuel hoses are only designed to have fuel inside them and when they are used for submersible applications, they will begin to degrade and swell, and in some cases, fail. I got ahold of some of this hose to replace the injection hose I was using. As far as I know NAPA and Gates are the only places to get this hose. Here is what it looks like...

Picture016-1.jpg

I just got done replacing my fuel hose with the new stuff and here's what the old hose looked like...

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

It looked okay, but I could tell that the fuel had taken it's toll on the outside of the hose. Here's what the new stuff looked like after I installed it...

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

I just wanted to give all you guys with aftermarket fuel pumps a heads up in case you used the wrong hose when you did the install. This hose is not cheap ($17 a foot) but it's worth it to me to have the piece of mind in knowing that I have the right hose in there and it's not going to degrade over time.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
There is a specific clamp for higher pressure applications too, and it won't cut up the hose. Looks like this --

233376.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread