Some custom spoilers I have been making your thoughts..?

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
While very cool in concept, the only reason the design on the corvette "works" is because of the the aero and slipstream design of the corvette. On our cars this sort of wing is mainly just aesthetics, which i'm all for. But adjustments for the track is a bit far fetched.

Last edited:

101blur

Established Member
While very cool in concept, the only reason the design on the corvette "works" is because of the the aero and slipstream design of the corvette. On our cars this sort of wing is mainly just aesthetics, which i'm all for. But adjustments for the track is a bit far fetched.

While I understand what your saying I cant imagine the extension not adding down force to rear, yes maybe not as much as I would like but still something. I plan to make it wider and will test on the track and see how she feels its always hard when I see people comparing a decklid spoiler to a huge G-stream wing and say it dosn't supply as much down force LOL well of course not look at the comparison, I mentions this as I dont see any other option for people looking for a a functional rear spoiler that dosnt say full time race car.
cobrared_96_GT your input is always appreciated and good info on part as well.
thanks

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
More power to ya, blur. Happy to see more one-off sort of designs in a world of Mustang parts that are a dime a dozen.
I personally think a lot of decklid wing designs over the years for mustangs and other 2 door 4 seater sport coups have used this theory "well it's gotta be doing something, more than nothing" with no actual results to ever follow that up. But, being that IMO 99% of this kind of spoiler is looks I think you're on the right track for a cool product.

101blur

Established Member
All to true but I do see its design in motor sports use such as NASCAR so its purpose must provide some sort of downforce. I want to find a wind tunnel and test it would be happy to see results with and witout the wing regardless of results but I was quoted $750.00 for session at place that test airplan arrow so it may have to wait LOL. but I will keep sharping the design.
thanks

_Snake_

Established Member
While I understand what your saying I cant imagine the extension not adding down force to rear, yes maybe not as much as I would like but still something. I plan to make it wider and will test on the track and see how she feels its always hard when I see people comparing a decklid spoiler to a huge G-stream wing and say it dosn't supply as much down force LOL well of course not look at the comparison, I mentions this as I dont see any other option for people looking for a a functional rear spoiler that dosnt say full time race car.
cobrared_96_GT your input is always appreciated and good info on part as well.
thanks

Just saying you have absolutely nothing to support your theory here. Carry on.

101blur

Established Member
Just saying you have absolutely nothing to support your theory here. Carry on.

So I guess I shouldn't waste my time making any parts then and just stick a GT500 spoiler on my car cause those actually work right..?
Test and trial is all I have to work with since this is something I do on the side of my man job. If you have some actual feed back on maybe the design or how to improve it would be best and most appreciated.
And yes the internet does provide a ton of Vidal information of flow charts and how spoilers work. Unless you have access to a wind tunnel and lots of free time and $$$$ to make one then everyone else is left with test and trial. I will continue to make the Spoiler better and test and test, and leave a option for those who dare try and step out of the box and give my spoiler a try weather for just looks or if they track there mustang.

Motu Lemafa

Established Member
You have any blower on it? Where in Oregon u at? I'm in Vancouver.
cefe6bf5cff595c6dd559f9ec46bd9d9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread