Some 6R80 Auto Testing......Transbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4VFTW

Established Member
You know why diamonds are so expensive? When you figure that out you'll have a better understanding of my thought process.

because the DeBeers family holds a monopoly on the mining right and artificially restricts the supply? I :read:

however DeBeers doesn't make you buy a Maybach in order to get one of their diamonds so your thought process is horrible.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not taking any sides here or commenting on the banter. One thing though, a 6r80 is never going to go as fast as a Glide car nor will it last as long. The 6r80 is great trans for street/strip but for Heads up, it isn't the answer.

Also, there is a fairly large Transmission company out there working on Trans brake for the 6r80 that should come out soon as well. Food for thought, but definitely excited to see this work!

Oh snap, didn't know you decided on CM. Not sure when we will be out, but the Turbo Boss will be making an appearance! :dw:

Yep, were working with vortech on a head unit now. Other than weight, most everything is in place for next year. Just gotta do some testing and get the converter right.

And the glide should be good for about 2k horsepower.

Last edited:

13DIB5.0

Established Member
AWESOME, always nice to see something new in the coyote game, and beef deff curious what vortech has to offer above a ysi

poof100

Established Member
Yep, were working with vortech on a head unit now. Other than weight, most everything is in place for next year. Just gotta do some testing and get the converter right.

And the glide should be good for about 2k horsepower.

Yeah I saw they changed the rules to allow blowers to fit the inlet/outlet sizes. Not sure how we are getting down to 3250lbs but we shall see! lol.

hopony

Established Member
because the DeBeers family holds a monopoly on the mining right and artificially restricts the supply? I :read:

however DeBeers doesn't make you buy a Maybach in order to get one of their diamonds so your thought process is horrible.

:lol1:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
AWESOME, always nice to see something new in the coyote game, and beef deff curious what vortech has to offer above a ysi

they have offerings above the ysi, we will actually be using the ti trim, 2 steps down, it's what we are limited to in the class.

Yeah I saw they changed the rules to allow blowers to fit the inlet/outlet sizes. Not sure how we are getting down to 3250lbs but we shall see! lol.

it didn't really change anything though, the ti will still be the blower of choice.

CPRsm

"Look here jack, her panties got dick holes in them!!"
Man is a genious LOL

From me personally

1. Didn't say I didn't believe you, like I said, i'm excited to see a working brake for the cars.
Let's not play coy. If this was true you wouldn't have gone into the whole torque wrench/what others have done spiel.

2. I think you could sell way more than 10 times the amount of transbrakes than turbo kits. So it would def be worth it IMO.
This is where our business plans vary greatly. I don't care how many I sell. Quantity sold does not equal money in your pocket. I probably would sell 10 times as many brakes as kits, and it still wouldn't be worth it. I can have 15 transbrake customers or 1 kit customer and make the same amount. Now multiply that by 10. My attention to customers and their installs is better spent on 15 customers than 150. You can sell 200 paxton kits, but if you make $100 bux on ea one who cares? Not worth it.
It's like comparing net to gross income. Who cares if your company makes 1million dollars if you personally make 30k. But you moved alot moved a lot of product!!

3. As far as holding the competition down, I believe lund has the quickest 6r80 pass in a turbo car as of right now with a 9.0?
Yes, hold the down. What does one shop car mean in this discussion? You think every other customer will do that? You know to slip a conterter that hard, how much harder it becomes to get the converter to actually lock?
How many hellion, jpc, blower cars are in the 8's? How many have the power to go 8's? WAY more than are actually there, and we all know why. No brake. We all know who on an average, who will be faster if one group has transbrakes, and no one else does. You can play it down as much as you want, but you and the folks upset about it all know why everyone wants a brake. It's a huge and advantage and you know it.

I'm not sure the quickest JPC auto, or hellion auto, or cpr auto, But until you have cars running faster, your not holding back the competition...
Refer to last line of last post. But my first auto car stumbled to a faster ET than a lot of paxton owners have seen. Next time will he be at least 2 tenths faster. Then add a brake? Goodness, it gives me goose bumps lol

Exactly, a monopoly. Now you're getting it!! Why sell 100 people a part for $100 what you can sell 25 of them for $250? AND you can sell a ring for 2500 while you're at it. You could flood the market with diamonds and they would be worth nothing. So how many you sold is pointless. I make my money on the ring.

nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. But if you want my diamond, you have to buy my ring. You not understanding supply and demand doesn't make the idea horrible. You mad cuz I don't want my diamond set in your ring lol

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The thread says the transbrake is figured out in working. I expected to see a nice vid of it. I saw a 7 second vid, with a wrench light on.

It's a legitimate question...

As far as mad, I'm not mad. I'm excited, I've said it several times. If it's definitely figured out, it won't be long before 10 people have it figured out.

Smart marketing would be to make as much as you could on it, before the market is saturated, which it will be. Not sit on it for the 2 weeks or 2 months it takes someone else to bring it to market.

By that time, you could have sold 20-50-200-500 of them and at the highest price.

Look at whitelines mount. Everyone wanted it, they sold 2000 of them in 6 weeks.

Right now you could be setting the price. But, as of now, if everything is as you say. You have the market. Well, you have the ability to have the market, but instead you'll sell maybe 1 or 2 turbo kits, then someone else will have the market. Because people aren't spending 7-9k to get a transbrake that more than likely they will be able to buy 10 places 2 months from now.

JMHO. Use what you have.

Last edited:

element155

Established Member
sounds promising, I know a lot of people have been playing with this.

I did notice the wrench light on in your video. From all my experience with these cars, when the wrench light is on, the car isn't going anywhere fast..

Check engine light yes, wrench light no.

Do you have a video actually launching the car and making a run, or hit on the street?

^wishes he had a Cpr Trans brake and turbo so he could run 7s. Sorry cavemen supporters only, rule # 1 in being a CPR turbo kit owner...... No toque booster needed and always laugh off the haters like this guy

Screamin363

Established Member
Bring da pain!

CPR thanks for doing what is right by your customers... No I'm not one of them but leave it up to the competition to figure it out.

element155

Established Member
The thread says the transbrake is figured out in working. I expected to see a nice vid of it. I saw a 7 second vid, with a wrench light on.

It's a legitimate question...

As far as mad, I'm not mad. I'm excited, I've said it several times. If it's definitely figured out, it won't be long before 10 people have it figured out.

Smart marketing would be to make as much as you could on it, before the market is saturated, which it will be. Not sit on it for the 2 weeks or 2 months it takes someone else to bring it to market.

By that time, you could have sold 20-50-200-500 of them and at the highest price.

Look at whitelines mount. Everyone wanted it, they sold 2000 of them in 6 weeks.

Right now you could be setting the price. But, as of now, if everything is as you say. You have the market. Well, you have the ability to have the market, but instead you'll sell maybe 1 or 2 turbo kits, then someone else will have the market. Because people aren't spending 7-9k to get a transbrake that more than likely they will be able to buy 10 places 2 months from now.

JMHO. Use what you have.

^someone cant believe a caveman figured it out before him

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
What you should do Dustin is rig a switch up to turn the wrench light on anytime you want. Then show a vid of a run with the transbrake working, just to blow beefs mind....:thumbsup: and keep him guessing. LOL

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^someone cant believe a caveman figured it out before him

As far as tuning, Lund does our tuning. I don't know why everything has to turn into a hate thing.

I asked a legitimate question. Can we see a video of the brake working without the wrench light, and actually working?

In a thread about a working transbrake, I honestly don't think that's a lot to ask.

As far as caring "who figured it out first". I could care less who figures it out first, 2nd, 3rd.. I'll say it for like the 5th time. I AM EXCITED TO SEE A TRANSBRAKE FOR THE CARS.

All I asked for was to actually see it.

^wishes he had a Cpr Trans brake and turbo so he could run 7s. Sorry cavemen supporters only, rule # 1 in being a CPR turbo kit owner...... No toque booster needed and always laugh off the haters like this guy

These are the statements that always lead to the hate

Because now I have to respond with, as always, my car was in the 9'0's at full weight nearly 2 years ago, been in the 8's at full weight for nearly a year on that trans, "WITHOUT A BRAKE", and with about 200 passes on the car.

so, when CPR has a car that goes quicker than 8.75 at 3900 lbs on the foot brake. Then come see m. Until then, they are chasing my numbers that are like a year old...

8.75 on the foot brake, should mean 8.3's or better on the brake.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Terry think about. What advantage would it be for whitline to be selective about who to sell to? Zero. What advantage do I have to be selective? I can't explain it any different. 1-2 kits is pretty pessimistic. I have zero desire to sell parts. ZERO. I don't want to be on the phone all day with 60 customers and don't want to hire someone for it. If I did I would have leaked done this over two years ago. It's simply a means to an end for my customer. I won't sell 2,000 brakes, and they won't cost 30 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread