Some 6R80 Auto Testing......Transbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4VFTW

Established Member
. As for when it will be released, it wont. Its exclusive to anyone who purchases his kit. Its not open to the public from him.

excellent marketing strategy :dw: CPR is either the son of a Saudi Prince or hates the monetary system

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
excellent marketing strategy :dw: CPR is either the son of a Saudi Prince or hates the monetary system

Or will have a large selling point for his turbo kit when compared to others kits? :shrug:

CPRsm

I'd say the marketing strategy is OK. Will put a certain product out in front w a clear advantage over others. These select customers will want to protect their investment and advantage. That means it's less likely to be stolen by some low life hack. Besides, the amount to be made on a brake is minuscual compared to the potential in kit sales. If there was already a brake out there I wouldn't have bothered.
As far as more vids and its functionality, did anyone really think we'd fully tip our hand? Doing it this way gives a false sense of security to the competition :poke:

Last edited:

keoni1984

Established Member
:thumbsup:

bigdeal_zpsbabbfe0b.gif

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd say the marketing strategy is OK. Will put a certain product out in front w a clear advantage over others. These select customers will want to protect their investment and advantage. That means it's less likely to be stolen by some low life hack. Besides, the amount to be made on a brake is minuscual compared to the potential in kit sales. If there was already a brake out there I wouldn't have bothered.
As far as more vids and its functionality, did anyone really think we'd fully tip our hand? Doing it this way gives a false sense of security to the competition :poke:

I don't know about that marketing campaign.

I have a product that gives me a clear advantage over the competition. But, i'm not going to show you that it actually works, you just have to take my word for it... lol.

:poke:

if you've got it 100% figured out. Good for you.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Marketing and economics are fun, you have the opportunity to corner the market with a new product that no one else offers and could potentially sell for over double your cost per product. Yet instead your trying to lace it up into a deal with your kit. Which to say yea its nice for the few who buy the kit but the rest of the market who already has invested in a power adder way before your kit existed is going to look at it for what it is which is douche bagery. Then the many who already exist with power adders will have less than good words to speak about your way of business. You most definitely can operate your business in whichever way you choose its a free market, however in the long run guess we'll see how it pans out.

I do appreciate you taking the time to R&D new products that could trickle down to the masses and mean no disrespect just calling it as I see it. :D

Deespeed99

Established Member
Terry calm down your video is coming. I would've thought you would've learned to stop doubting turbo car owners by now ;)

Deespeed99

Established Member
Also by everyones logic tuners should just share their secrets or cam timing with whoever ask....

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
1) If you build a quality kit...they will come
2) unless you are Lazlo Hollyfeld some other "hack" will in all likelihood figure it out.
3) If you are counting on your customers to keep it a secret...I guess the saying "nothing stays secret for long if two or more people know about it" comes to mind

hey its your business do with it as you will , but I cant recall ever hearing of a marketing strategy like that at least in the automotive performace products industry...although I have been under a rock for a bit.

86merc

Established Member
lmao Because he would be the first person/company to ever develop a product that decided to protect their product and only offer it through their company. Have you guys ever heard of the patent office?

He is well aware others are working on this too. When they come up with a way to make it work I am sure he may change his business plan. But until then he will sell them only to his customers. That is his decision.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Terry calm down your video is coming. I would've thought you would've learned to stop doubting turbo car owners by now ;)

Also by everyones logic tuners should just share their secrets or cam timing with whoever ask....

Actually, i'm not saying that at all. I see nothing wrong with keeping it proprietary. Great marketing.

All I said was, if your going to show it working, show it working. The original vid posted doesn't show anything that hasn't been around for a year or 2.

A nice Wot pass off a transbrake is what everyone is waiting for. Showing a video, doesn't give away any secrets. Transbrakes have been around for some time.

1) If you build a quality kit...they will come
2) unless you are Lazlo Hollyfeld some other "hack" will in all likelihood figure it out.
3) If you are counting on your customers to keep it a secret...I guess the saying "nothing stays secret for long if two or more people know about it" comes to mind

hey its your business do with it as you will , but I cant recall ever hearing of a marketing strategy like that at least in the automotive performace products industry...although I have been under a rock for a bit.

The trick is, turbo kits will always be more limited out there due to cost. I don't think this sways people that will be buying sc's over to buying a turbo. Because, lets be honest. If it has truly been perfected, it won't be long before others follow suit.

It may possibly sway a couple people from one brand to another. But as of now, Lund and JPC seem to have the nicest kits out there, and they are running pretty good numbers without it.

That said, I am still excited to see a working transbrake on a coyote. Lets see a blast on some stickey's.

D.T.R

Established Member
Everybody just calm your tits...
and enjoy the fact that there is a MAJOR improvement to our car's performance.
Instead of everyone jumping on this guys throat and what not, just say "thank you" for investing your time into making a new product that we all have been waiting for. Whether or not it works, is to be determined very soon... but it sure does loook promising. Why can't we just celebrate that something so helpful such as a TB is about to be released (even if it's just to those that have his turbo kit) instead of putting him or the product down? I would've thought we would all be happy about this?

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Everybody just calm your tits...
and enjoy the fact that there is a MAJOR improvement to our car's performance.
Instead of everyone jumping on this guys throat and what not, just say "thank you" for investing your time into making a new product that we all have been waiting for. Whether or not it works, is to be determined very soon... but it sure does loook promising.

I agree, i'm not jumping on his nuts, all I asked for was a video of a working product!

:)

D.T.R

Established Member
I agree, i'm not jumping on his nuts, all I asked for was a video of a working product!

:)

I hear ya.
I personally don't think he's naive enough to put something out there without testing it first. Time will tell...

CPRsm

I don't know about that marketing campaign.

I have a product that gives me a clear advantage over the competition. But, i'm not going to show you that it actually works, you just have to take my word for it... lol.

:poke:

if you've got it 100% figured out. Good for you.

Meh, people can choose to believe me or not. Up to them. But it's a helluva thing to be wrong on.

Other than that I knew people wouldn't like. And if they don't, tough. I'll be the douche bag protecting THIER investments. If I make 10 times the amount on a kit than I could on one transbrake, why deal with 10 people when I can deal with 1 and make the same amount. If people understood you can't sell a dollar for fifty cents, and make it up in volume, the market wouldn't be tilted so heavily to one side. People develop products to make money. Selling it to everyone will devalue it and not help me in selling kits, where the money is.

You know why diamonds are so expensive? When you figure that out you'll have a better understanding of my thought process. If not, again, sorry. I develop the product just to shit in someone else's cheerios. But, if you could further your customers and hold down the competition, you'd probably do it, too.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Meh, people can choose to believe me or not. Up to them. But it's a helluva thing to be wrong on.

Other than that I knew people wouldn't like. And if they don't, tough. I'll be the douche bag protecting THIER investments. If I make 10 times the amount on a kit than I could on one transbrake, why deal with 10 people when I can deal with 1 and make the same amount. If people understood you can't sell a dollar for fifty cents, and make it up in volume, the market wouldn't be tilted so heavily to one side. People develop products to make money. Selling it to everyone will devalue it and not help me in selling kits, where the money is.

You know why diamonds are so expensive? When you figure that out you'll have a better understanding of my thought process. If not, again, sorry. I develop the product just to shit in someone else's cheerios. But, if you could further your customers and hold down the competition, you'd probably do it, too.

From me personally

1. Didn't say I didn't believe you, like I said, i'm excited to see a working brake for the cars.

2. I think you could sell way more than 10 times the amount of transbrakes than turbo kits. So it would def be worth it IMO.

3. As far as holding the competition down, I believe lund has the quickest 6r80 pass in a turbo car as of right now with a 9.0?

I'm not sure the quickest JPC auto, or hellion auto, or cpr auto, But until you have cars running faster, your not holding back the competition...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Dustin, terry is just mad he had to spend a bunch of money going to a glide when you had the trans brake figured out for the 6R80.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dustin, terry is just mad he had to spend a bunch of money going to a glide when you had the trans brake figured out for the 6R80.

LOL.

Actually we are going heads up racing next year in Coyote Modified.

And my lil supercharger has been way faster without a brake :) with the 6r80...

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member

Not taking any sides here or commenting on the banter. One thing though, a 6r80 is never going to go as fast as a Glide car nor will it last as long. The 6r80 is great trans for street/strip but for Heads up, it isn't the answer.

Also, there is a fairly large Transmission company out there working on Trans brake for the 6r80 that should come out soon as well. Food for thought, but definitely excited to see this work!

LOL.

Actually we are going heads up racing next year in Coyote Modified.

And my lil supercharger has been way faster without a brake :) with the 6r80...

Oh snap, didn't know you decided on CM. Not sure when we will be out, but the Turbo Boss will be making an appearance! :dw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread