Not open for further replies.

keoni1984

Established Member
anchorman-teamjump_zps35798711.gif

Very cool for you auto guys.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
sounds promising, I know a lot of people have been playing with this.

I did notice the wrench light on in your video. From all my experience with these cars, when the wrench light is on, the car isn't going anywhere fast..

Check engine light yes, wrench light no.

Do you have a video actually launching the car and making a run, or hit on the street?

svt04cobra1

Established Member
sounds promising, I know a lot of people have been playing with this.

I did notice the wrench light on in your video. From all my experience with these cars, when the wrench light is on, the car isn't going anywhere fast..

Check engine light yes, wrench light no.

Do you have a video actually launching the car and making a run, or hit on the street?

What beef said. Also from what I herd nobody is sure how many launches you will get. Might only be one launch, but they don't expect it to last under that kind of condition. I am very much interested in this. I am TT and have the a6, and a Ford Transmission guy close to me. I would love to R&D a transbrake setup!!!!:beer:

D.T.R

Established Member
What beef said. Also from what I herd nobody is sure how many launches you will get. Might only be one launch, but they don't expect it to last under that kind of condition. I am very much interested in this. I am TT and have the a6, and a Ford Transmission guy close to me. I would love to R&D a transbrake setup!!!!:beer:

What's not supposed to last very long? the transmission?

Deespeed99

Established Member
Looks pretty successful to me. More so then what ive seen the last 3 years which is nothing. Of course the wrench light is on because it was JUST figured out. That is being taken care. The purpose of the video was to show that he figured out how to do it. As for when it will be released, it wont. Its exclusive to anyone who purchases his kit. Its not open to the public from him. Now if someone else figures it out and sells one to the public great but right now its not.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Also i find it funny that all of a sudden the transmission is "fragile" and is going to break because of a transbrake but have been running mid to low 8's with over 1100+hp running through them... Sounds like haterade to me... :shrugs:

techwerkz

Established Member
Outside the excess heat a transbrake causes, I don't see this having much of an issue. It functions just like any other transbrake essentially. Run a good ATF, and be mindful of how long you're on the TB for.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Very interesting as that was one of the big complaints about the 6r80--no Tbrake and if it can be done, wow, auto guys are gonna be even faster. Well done

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Also i find it funny that all of a sudden the transmission is "fragile" and is going to break because of a transbrake but have been running mid to low 8's with over 1100+hp running through them... Sounds like haterade to me... :shrugs:

Lighten up Francis. No one is hating, everyone is just speculating. Nobody knows, not even you so don't act all high and mighty. :loser:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks pretty successful to me. More so then what ive seen the last 3 years which is nothing. Of course the wrench light is on because it was JUST figured out. That is being taken care. The purpose of the video was to show that he figured out how to do it. As for when it will be released, it wont. Its exclusive to anyone who purchases his kit. Its not open to the public from him. Now if someone else figures it out and sells one to the public great but right now its not.

Getting the car to do things at idle are one thing, making a successful pass down the 1/4 is another.

Don't take it the wrong way. If Dustin has figured out a way to make the transbrake work in a car, that's awesome. I'd like to see a video of the car in action without the wrench light.

Others have been able to do the same as this video, just no one has been able to do it without the wrench light and causing the car to go into limp mode.

I am very excited for that video. That's all I was asking for.

No one said it's fragile. The Trans is a very very stout piece, and IMO the best trans Ford has ever made.

I am very anxious to see how it holds up on a transbrake at these weights.

Very interesting as that was one of the big complaints about the 6r80--no Tbrake and if it can be done, wow, auto guys are gonna be even faster. Well done

It would be huge for not only the turbo guys, but the centri guys as well.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
What's not supposed to last very long? the transmission?

Correct the Transmission. Nobody knows yet. There has been others working on this and someone else that has been successful as well. Its just not known yet what issues will arise or even how many passes the transmission will take on the TB. :beer:

86merc

Established Member
No matter what they part, push it hard enough and you will find the next weak link. Manufacture a stronger part and look for the next weak link. Nothing different here than any other part we push while racing.

I heard about this a while back (hinted about this in your other thread, Chris lol). Glad to see testing is started and going well so far. I am excited to see what happens with this. Getting these cars to leave under boost could get real interesting!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First thing we need is some successful passes down the 1/4 mile before any assumptions can be made.

As of now, the weakest link in the trans is the clutches. They will hold up good with great tuning, but that is your first replacement part.

The 2nd part is the intermediate shaft. These have broken on people as well on the cars.

With the way the cars launch off the foot brake, none of them have taken a lot of "abuse" as I would call it.

The trans is built very well and is all guts, very strong IMO. Coming out at big horsepower, on a transbrake will be a new animal.

Lets start with 1 clean pass down the track, and then we'll move on from there finding the next part that breaks in the trans.

D.T.R

Established Member
you ladies scare me lol
It will probably be a while before I'm ready to put a TB on mine anyways, by then hopefully y'all have this somewhat figured out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread