Sold The WS6 Finally

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Ford sales complete engines which are 351 32v, Cleveland I suppose. Why not do a 351w based stroker? 351 Clev.s can be a lot more expensive in the long run b/c the aftermarket caters toward the Windsor ;-) :idea:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Originally posted by StangGt00
THESE ARE NOT SPORTS CARS. They are MUSCLE CARS. Who wants their american muscle to be in the same category as an import? Not me :cuss:

Wow. Sorry men, I had no clue the "muscle car" Nazi was lurking. I don't know how you consider an import to be in the same class as a sports car. What the hell is so sporty about an import?

BTW, I find it hard to believe that today's GT's, Cobra's, T/A's, Z28's and SS's are "muscle cars". When you say muscle car, I think GTO, anything that begins with Hemi, 60's Camaros, etc. Those cars were what a true American muscle car represented, raw cubes and crude-ass power.

Not saying that any of today's American power is wussy, but it certainly is NOT built around cubes like it was in the 60's and 70's.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH
Wow. Sorry men, I had no clue the "muscle car" Nazi was lurking. I don't know how you consider an import to be in the same class as a sports car. What the hell is so sporty about an import?

BTW, I find it hard to believe that today's GT's, Cobra's, T/A's, Z28's and SS's are "muscle cars". When you say muscle car, I think GTO, anything that begins with Hemi, 60's Camaros, etc. Those cars were what a true American muscle car represented, raw cubes and crude-ass power.

Not saying that any of today's American power is wussy, but it certainly is NOT built around cubes like it was in the 60's and 70's.

Well by deffinition a 2 door mid sized sedan with a high output V8 (typically a Big block) classifies as a Muscle car...

Some say the last true muscle car was the Grand National. (I remember the day my dad brought his home from the dealership, the salesman said that it would rumble your butt like your riding a harley and thats what it did)

Ironic that it was a Turbo Charged V6 as opposed to a Big Block V8... (I guess there is an acception to every rule)

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
:dw: How is that?

Well I know I can convert the 14 degree chevy heads to fit lt1's so I figure I should be able to find someone to do the same with a 32 valve setup. if not I will just go with an old school motor.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Ford sales complete engines which are 351 32v, Cleveland I suppose. Why not do a 351w based stroker? 351 Clev.s can be a lot more expensive in the long run b/c the aftermarket caters toward the Windsor ;-) :idea:

Thanks for the info, I am going to consider all options. I am going to go with whatever is the least expensive and can support the most power without a lot of problems.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
Last weekend I went out searching for a new car, after much thought of what to purchase I found a slightly used 03 Super Crew. Great condition, with a lot of extra's already done to it. Due to my work I decided it was time to just buy another truck and wait on a new sports car. It's just too hard to have a fast street car and drive 30k + miles a year. This was the hardest decision I have made to date in regards to vehicles, and so far I do not regret it.

As much as I wanted an 03 Cobra, I knew I needed to buy a truck. I wanted to thank everyone for the help they gave me in realizing the Cobra really is an amazing car, and will not forget that. But by the time I figured in the payment, ins, and the inevitable(modding the hell out of it) I knew if I bought that car somehow or another I would put myself through the same financial hardship that caused me to de-mod and sell my WS6 long before I wanted to.

I now will just build me a car strictly for racing, more than likely a late 80's 5.0 chassis, with the from hell. I am trying to find a way to do a 32 valve 351 Cleveland nitrous motor.

I will still be around as often as possible though.
Again thanks to everyone for all your technical information and help.

Michael
Congratulations, bro. :beer: Sounds like you'll be getting the best of both worlds -- truck for workin' and Stang for racin'. :thumbsup:

NastyWS6

Established Member
Re: Re: Sold The WS6 Finally

Originally posted by zzzzzer
Congratulations, bro. :beer: Sounds like you'll be getting the best of both worlds -- truck for workin' and Stang for racin'. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I figure it would be more fun to just build the race car from nothing anyways, so we'll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread