Sold the Cobra.....Downgraded

FunkyBoss

Established Member
Since the Cobra was pushing 170k miles and needed a paint job, not to mention my lack of funds to do anything about it, I went ahead and sold it. It was a sad day, I only slept for 2.5 hours that night :( ! I sold it Monday, and Wednesday I picked up a '94 GT, AODE, red exterior painted 2 months ago, black leather interior with a mix of tan I've never seen before, and 121k on the odometer, paid $3k Cash. The mods the seller had listed were MSD ignition, K&N filter, Flowmaster exhaust, and o/r h. He said the previous owner told im they had a shift kit put in, which seems right considering it shifts damn fast. When I got it home and started poking around, I found it also had 3.73's, BBK lowering springs, and FRPP 9mm wires that I actually noticed when I first looked at it.

I had been toying around with the idea of selling for a while now in order to buy 94-95 GT and build it. So far the plan is working great and I have some money to build with, now I just need to decide what to do. Options so far are:

- Cheap ebay turbo kit (~$800)
- 308 with Trickflow heads and F cam, intake undecided - ($1500 from a friend)
- Stock 351w ($500 from a friend) with Trickflow heads ($700)
- 357 w/ 12.5:1 CR ($1000 from a friend) with Trickflow heads ($700)

Obviously there's alot more cost associated with each of the different builds, but thats what I can get the basics for.

Here are some pics of the GT:

100_4039.jpg

100_4042.jpg

100_4046.jpg

100_4049.jpg

100_4053.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I would bet money that car was originally tan interior and someone started converting it to black.

Has it been hit or something? Whats the deal with the white on the underside of the hood?

Looks pretty nice!

FunkyBoss

Established Member
The paint job isn't what I would consider top notch, but it will work for my purposes. The car will be mostly for the drag strip, but I want to keep it street "legal" for weekend cruising. The interior is kinda weird, but I can live with it. The only thing that bothers me is the ugly faded steering wheel, I may swap that out.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
the first motor you listed might be ok, but the price doesnt make me feel confident. the second 2 motors your gonna have to spend a bit more money to get them to work unless you go carb. plus those prices are too cheap too, so i would question the condition of the heads and the blocks. if i was you, i would just save up and do what you want to do and do it right, especially if you want to make it an all out drag car.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
All the motor options were offered from a close friend. Although he doesn't have first hand experience with all the engines, he know a little bit of their history and I'm sure he'd make good if something went wrong. Right now I'm thinking I may just refresh the stock block and go with an aggressive H/C/I combo. This is going to be a budget build and the less I spend on motor the more I can put into suspension and drivetrain. Speaking of drivetrain, anybody know how much I can throw at a stock AODE? I'm really not shooting for huge numbers right off the bat, low-mid 300's will make me happy for now and bigger upgrades can come in the future. I just want it running quicker than the Cobra was, off the spray.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
change the wheels and get new headlights and it will make the car look so much better, its got some potential

FunkyBoss

Established Member
change the wheels and get new headlights and it will make the car look so much better, its got some potential

I agree, but looks are not a concern right now, kinda like the sleeper look anyways :-D. What's funny is the MT ET Street raidials I've had for 2 years now are mounted on the same wheels, atleast they will match at the track now lol.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
The paint job isn't what I would consider top notch, but it will work for my purposes. The car will be mostly for the drag strip, but I want to keep it street "legal" for weekend cruising. The interior is kinda weird, but I can live with it. The only thing that bothers me is the ugly faded steering wheel, I may swap that out.

Use this on the tan parts:

http://www.levineautoparts.com/semvinandpla.html

Steering Wheel:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/fr.html?productid=fr&channelid=FROOG

JasonSnake

Established Member
turbo sounds like fun with an AOD. But get a better kit than a cheapo ebay kit. Then simply rebuild your engine with low comp pistons, etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread