Sold our home!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Wow that's awesome. We just bought our first home and picked the wrong time to do it obviously. We really lucked out on our place, it's a new build on a decent plot right where we wanted out in the country and I feel like we paid a fair price for it as well as a great interest rate. We weren't going to be one of these people paying way over asking price on a shit place just to buy something. Still, looking at homes sold in the last 5 years we certainly would have made out better buying back then.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Got damn son.

We paid 295, and could easily list for 400 today where we are. We probably out to do it too as my wife has every intention of buying her parents home since they’ve retired and want to downsize.

Solid gains for 5 years.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice OP!!!
That's how you do it. Congrats and best of luck going forward!

(Who has 1.5 million dollars cash to buy a home?!?!!? lol o_O :confused: lol)

Blown 89

Established Member
(Who has 1.5 million dollars cash to buy a home?!?!!? lol o_O :confused: lol)
Pretty much everyone in the market right now. Every realtor I talk to says they're selling homes for 20-30% over asking price before homes even go on the market. I really want to know where everyone is getting the money.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Did you make sure the buying party votes red?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

They are not going to like their neighbors if they don't. When I drove down there for vacation, a couple weeks ago, I couldn't believe how many people still have Trump signs up in their yard. Got to love Texans LOL. Awesome!!!

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We moved from the Seattle area to Maine just over 3 years ago. The cost of living difference is staggering. Not only is real estate dirt cheap, in comparison to Seattle, but everything else is cheaper. Gas is $1 per gallon less, my car insurance costs 20% of what it used to. We went from a 2,100 sq/ft home (built in 78') on a postage stamp lot, to a 4,200 sq/ft home (built in 04') on 8.6 acres for 2/3rds the cost. The only downside is you have to live in Maine..Lol. Actually it is not that bad if you like snow 6 months out of the year.
Seriously, country living is so much less stressful. Throw in the fact that it is a Constitutional Carry State makes it that much better.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Congrats, beautiful house.

I’ve been kicking around selling and moving into one of my family’s rental properties until thing settle down, and then find something with more land, but with another kid on the way, that’s not really in the cards.

We paid $245k for our house (built new) in 2013, and most likely could get about $325k in this market, only owe about $100k on it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We're in the process of selling ours too. Unfortunately ours didn't go up 100% haha More like 35%.

Sent from my Potato

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
We bought our house last July for 640k. The neighbor across the way just sold theirs for 950k. They have a better back yard fit entertaining, but we have a the car garage and better driveway. But it's the same thing about being able to make some money, but not having any where to go.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm glad they are local buyers. They sent over proof of funding, which was a screen shot of their bank and investment accounts with $7+ million in them.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty much everyone in the market right now. Every realtor I talk to says they're selling homes for 20-30% over asking price before homes even go on the market. I really want to know where everyone is getting the money.

In addition to offering over the asking price, I’m amazed by the number of sellers who say the offers are being accepted after the buyer waves an inspection.

How do you purchase (likely) one of the most expensive things in your life and just hope there’s nothing horribly wrong with it?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I guess in our case, the house is only 5 years old, and the walk through was enough to convince them there is nothing wrong.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess in our case, the house is only 5 years old, and the walk through was enough to convince them there is nothing wrong.

I can at least see that as a possibility for some people, not myself though. What kind of realtor fees does someone pay on a 1.5 million dollar home? I know “traditional” is ~6%, but some people deal for less.

(Ideally, you list it by owner or are a realtor yourself I suppose)

Users who are viewing this thread