Sold my car...what do I get?

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Guy picked it up a couple hours ago...so I guess I'm currently carless. I was thinking about pre-paying a 2 year lease OR getting a used car. Even after I make that decision I still dont know what kind to either buy or lease.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Mika

Established Member
Is this your DD or is it a fun car? What are your top priorities? Mileage, fun, straight line set up or twisties?

If you don't know what you want and need a car, how about a beater for the time being?

Mika

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Mika said:
Is this your DD or is it a fun car? What are your top priorities? Mileage, fun, straight line set up or twisties?

If you don't know what you want and need a car, how about a beater for the time being?

Mika

Need a good DD car for all year that I can put mileage on...I was thinking about leasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a GMC Envoy they look to have pretty good deals going on

Mika

Established Member
Out of those two I'd rather the GMC Envoy. So you need clearance for snow up there, or is this more of a desire?

Mika

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Trail Blazer SS or a Jeep SRT-8 :coolman:

Or a new Lincoln LS or Zephyr (sp)

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Miles + Lease = Sucks

Be very careful on a lease... they have brought the prices down on some by lowering the milage limits. Have seen them as low as 8-9K per year. (Then they charge out the a$$ for miles over)

Last month, I found a ton of 4x4 SUVs in the 7-9k range, but be prepared for a 15 - 16 mpg :(

What about an AWD Subaru?

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Yellow2003 said:
Miles + Lease = Sucks

Be very careful on a lease... they have brought the prices down on some by lowering the milage limits. Have seen them as low as 8-9K per year. (Then they charge out the a$$ for miles over)

Last month, I found a ton of 4x4 SUVs in the 7-9k range, but be prepared for a 15 - 16 mpg :(

What about an AWD Subaru?

That might be something to check into, I was seeing some 2 year prepaid leases for like 4-5 grand on those Jeeps which is a deal in my book but yea the mileage I believe is like 10k a year.

Users who are viewing this thread