Sold His 911 For A GT350

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To put it another way: As the week went along and I was doing my best to find something about the car to love or be passionate about I started searching prices. I was blown away at what a used one of these cost. Attention is what the car brought. Top down, cruising around, it was a real head turner. But I'm not the kind of guy that needs my ego stroked. I'm more about the passion and connection to a vehicle rather than what someone else thinks. Perceived value is just that. A perception based on one's own experiences. For me, at this (used) price range, the connection and perceived value just wasn't there. It was a huge let down for me because, honestly, I was super excited to be able to live with this car for a week. Maybe it saved me from making an expensive mistake??

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd more than likely just end up adding a third Mustang to the garage. (Then I'd have the non-car people constantly asking "Why do you have 3 of the same car?" Ugh!)

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks this way

csc427

Established Member
Bench racing aside and considering this all 100% subjective; I looked at this as a used car, as a toy, purchase. Even if the Carrera was 25% less of rental car junker, I couldn't justify $60K-ish for something like that. Given that price range, the GT350 (Z28, Z06, ZR1, etc etc) would win all day long.

Not trying to paint the brand with any one experience. I still love Porsche and their design. My '16 Touareg is one of the nicest vehicles I've ever owned. But I think the reality is if you aren't spending over $75K for a pre-owned 911 you're likely buying a headache. To each their own; but for that kind of scratch there are far nicer vehicles to be had from a number of manufacturers.

Unless, of course, we're talking SVTP baller. Then I'll take two GT2RS... Maybe add in a McLaren 720s for good measure.
Agree with that point. At that price point, not a ton of great options. Gt350, hellcat, c6zr1. All fun cars, however.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I almost did the same thing except there was a 2014 GT500 between my 911 and my GT350. I had a 2009 911s. It was 997 Bodystyle and it was really a good car. On a country drive or a trip it was amazing as it fit like a glove and was a joy to drive. At VIR out of HogPen it rotated beautifully and really put the power down better than my Roush Trak Pak and was fun until you got to the climbing esses. At the top around 100mph or so the front was very light and the steering had unbelievable play. It was different than any car I have driven there. I went back to the GT500 because I truly missed owning a Mustang as it is a part of me and my family all of my life. I then traded the 500 for a 350 and am truly happy. The 350 is in between the 500 and the 911 and I like where it is a lot. It is very much a driver car and is a Mustang. I have yet to have it to VIR (July come quickly) but have been to the Ford Performance Track Attack and I can tell you that the 350 is better on track than a 997S. I also have a friend that instructs for one of these high end driving academys that run Porsches Ferraris and Lambos and he says the only one he likes better than my 350 is the GT3. I have no experience with the 991 and I am sure it is a wonderful machine, but I wont be interested in one as I have proved to myself that I cannot be without a Mustang. I am not a Porsche hater and think they make incredible cars as I have owned several and still own a Boxster, but I like my 350 better.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Its probably an easy trade, if it was an older porsche, no brainer to jump into something thats cheaper, better sounding and equally fun to drive. It isnt until you spend over $100k that the porsche cars start to stand out. But again, there are a ton of option when your budget is over $100k.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Have to agree. This is a non starter conversation when 100k+ is like spending 10k for you.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Its probably an easy trade, if it was an older porsche, no brainer to jump into something thats cheaper, better sounding and equally fun to drive. It isnt until you spend over $100k that the porsche cars start to stand out. But again, there are a ton of option when your budget is over $100k.

Sticker on my 09 911s was $104,000. Wasn’t an old Porsche as I have owned those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recon

Established Member
At VIR out of HogPen it rotated beautifully and really put the power down better than my Roush Trak Pak and was fun until you got to the climbing esses.
You want to call Roush and order some parts for your Trak Pak for me.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread