Softer springs on the rear help wheel hop?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Like most of you guys, my car hops like a freakin bunny when I get on it. I was wondering if softer springs in the rear will help with this problem? I think that softer springs will allow the car to squat a bit more and allow weight to transfer to the rear a bit better equalling more traction and less hop?

Thoughts? Anybody tried this?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the verts have softer factory springs than the coupes and the verts hop worse....

matt lankford

all is sold
harder springs take away hop, as do stiffer shocks. H&R is the only way to fly for springs, call maximum motorsports. supersports will work for you but to use them you have to lower the car. so you would need the spring set-249 and CC plates-219 and an alignment-100

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
What about a rubber spring spacer like used in race cars (Nascar)? I think I've seen spacers at autozone or pep boys before.

matt lankford

all is sold
you could do just the back spring. your headlights will point at the stars and you wont see over the hood of the car because the ass of the car is 2 inches lower....i havent seen a 03 cobra spring that doesnt drop the car at least an inch

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
When I put H&R sport springs on my 03, the wheek is pretty much gone now, except in the rain. I dont think there is anything that will stop wheel hop in the rain. But when it is dry on the streets, I can lay into the throttle and it acts like a straight axle car, and stays straight!

Bingo13

Established Member
I have not tried the H&R Sport Springs yet (in the closet) but the Cobra "R" Springs did wonders for my wheel hop issues and I still have the Amazon shocks to install. This week I did several full throttle first gear through third gear runs and never once did the wheels hop. I was running 295/35/18 and 305/30/18s on the rear during the runs.

Users who are viewing this thread