SoCal wheel repair?

2141pete

Established Member
Does anyone know of a place that could repair a cracked wheel? One of my Saleens has a crack across a spoke and I would like to try and have it fixed. As far as I can tell they aren't replicas and it has been hard to find one good rim to replace it with. I emailed some guys on the local Craigslist but they wanted $250. It seems like it's a little much to run a tig across it and smooth it out.

20130724_121814_zpsab499044.jpg

20130724_121905_zps78645bed.jpg

2141pete

Established Member
Not sure, I don't remember hitting any potholes or anything like that. It does look like the wheel may have been repaired on the inner lip so my guess is it was from whatever caused that but took longer to crack. I don't think the car was driven much by the previous owners over the last few years so it could have been something from a long time ago.

Last edited:

2141pete

Established Member
Well after some homework my wheels are original made in the USA Saleens and the fronts are 18x9's. I found 1 used wheel on eBay for $190 which will be about the same as having the cracked one repaired once it is all said and done so I think I will just buy a used one and know it's good. I may weld the broken one up myself and keep it for a matching spare though.

Users who are viewing this thread