So you're feeling old?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I hauled my carcass all over an outdoor range stepping lively between 9:30AM and 1:30PM yesterday scoring about 700 targets (50 targets scored for about 14 shooters). Only screwed up one scoresheet (that I fixed) and thought to myself, "Dementia hasn't set in yet, old boy."

Then I got up today, and locked my keys in the Ford Truck.
I thought, no problem, I'll just use that combination thingy on the door.
But I couldn't remember it.
*sigh* ...I'm a dumbass.
Fortunately I'm at home and have another key in the house.

Then I head to the supermarket. Finish shopping, load my groceries in the truck, and turn around to take the cart back. An old woman standing next to the car next to me says, "I'll take that cart back for you." Like I must be a geezer.

ugh

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member
I turn 30 this year. My first "getting old" moments:

1) Jumping 6' down from our raised porch area while blowing leaves and feeling like my knees were going to explode.

2) Pedaling 5 miles and feeling like I was going to die. In 2010, 40 miles was nothing for me.

3) Looking at the clock, seeing 9:30PM, and going "geez, better start to wind down, take a shower, and go to bed." I used to go to bed at 1:30AM and get up at 4AM. Pfffft. Not anymore.

4) Bending/contorting some way to reach some bolt/nut somewhere, feeling something pop and tear, then walking funny for the next week.

5) Eating something and regretting it. Not too long ago I had a stomach of steel. I swear I could have eaten molten glass and not give a shit. I had half of a Mcdonalds Shamrock Shake the other day and within 30 minutes Shrek came screaming out the other end.

6) Getting excited about a new dish sponge

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member

1) Jumping 6' down from our raised porch area while blowing leaves and feeling like my knees were going to explode.

2) Pedaling 5 miles and feeling like I was going to die. In 2010, 40 miles was nothing for me.

3) Looking at the clock, seeing 9:30PM, and going "geez, better start to wind down, take a shower, and go to bed." I used to go to bed at 1:30AM and get up at 4AM. Pfffft. Not anymore.

4) Bending/contorting some way to reach some bolt/nut somewhere, feeling something pop and tear, then walking funny for the next week.

5) Getting excited about a new dish sponge
Hahaha! 30! You'll need a walker and diapers at 40. For me 30-40 went really fast and the body can't do what it used to.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member
@CV355

If you haven’t already, wait until you “sleep wrong.” I never thought it was even possible until I woke up one day and couldn’t turn my head to the right. Lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
...And my nose and ear hair - that grows faster than the hair on my head...which seems to forgotten that it’s supposed to be brown.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm always plucking out these ****ers!! lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
5) Eating something and regretting it. Not too long ago I had a stomach of steel. I swear I could have eaten molten glass and not give a shit. I had half of a Mcdonalds Shamrock Shake the other day and within 30 minutes Shrek came screaming out the other end.
LMFAO
:D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're feeling old when your wife is staying at her mom's for a week (mom is 93 is requires constant care) and for 6 consecutive nights you sleep in the recliner because it's "convenient/easier". o_O Haven't touched the bed since Tuesday. When I was younger, sleeping even one night in a recliner would be unheard of. Also, slipping into your pajamas at 4:00, because it saves time later when you get tired. :eek:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

6) Getting excited about a new dish sponge
If 30 is old, I'm screwed.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread