• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

So who's rooting for M2k

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by testorossa1989, Mar 18, 2019.

1. testorossa1989

testorossa1989 Well-Known Member Established Member

Texas mile is this week and M2kmotorsports is up shortly in their 05 Ford GT. Previously they were in the 293mph area. If they succeed in 300mph they'll break the Guinness records and be the fastest production vehicle. Literally making history and I doubt Chevy will reach 400mph on a combustion motor so we'll own the record for eternity. Cheer our friends on at m2kmotorsports and wish them luck. It would solidify Shelby and Ford's legacy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. kevinatfms

kevinatfms Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech Premium Member Established Member

svtfocus2cobra and DAVESVT2000 like this.
  3. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Either way, it was a car produced for the road. Something about those 05-06 GT's make them monsters in the Texas Mile. A true testament to the engineers of the 4v Modulars that these engines, when properly built up, can handle immense power.

03Sssnake likes this.
  4. Grabber

Grabber Yep... Established Member

That is pretty amazing.

I hope they pull it off.

5. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

I remember when the FGTs were running with the pack in the 230-240mph records and then out of nowhere they busted out a 265mph run iirc and it was all over from there as they ran off with the records and no one could keep up with how they just kept getting faster and faster. Seems like it sort of killed the event too cause the FGT was so dominant. It used to be a super popular event to follow but it seems a lot of teams stopped going after these cars started to dominate. They all went onto the half mile events where the Lambos could dominate.

Definitely am pulling for M2K to crack the 300mph mark though!

RedVenom48 likes this.