So, who has Geico,,,,,,

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
And how satisfied are you?
After switching to State farm from Allstate about 10 years ago because Allstate kept going up for no reason it appears State Farm is doing the same.

Same coverage on my Civic is $154 at SF and only $67 a month at Geico.
I switched only that one as it is my work car while I do more research.
The only difference is Geico doesn't offer uninsured motorist if you have full coverage.

Talked to a buddy at a big body shop who says they have no issues dealing with them.

I'm currently getting them to quote my whole fleet and home also.
So, what is your experience with them?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
State Farm, All-State and Geico are the three most expensive insurers I have shopped, and my best friend owns a State Farm Agency... I have Westfield, and they have beat everyone by at least $800 a year total for three cars, and my home.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I am actually getting ready to call around because my insurance (State Farm) is creeping up and I'm pissed. I had Geico for about 2 years and they were great, but I didn't have to deal with anything major, so I can't comment there.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My son who's a insurance agent just flipped us over to Safeco Barry. Saved a bunch from Progressive which kept trickling up.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I hate to break it to everyone, but every single company is taking sizable rate increases. In 2016, insurance companies nationwide paid out 106% of what they brought in, and they don't expect rates to be caught up with claims until 2019. So sit tight.

Also, with Geico, are you talking about uninsured motorist property damage? Or uninsured motorist bodily injury? With full coverage (comp and collision), UMPD is redundant and not needed, if you had been paying for the coverage for all those years on top of collision coverage (where the redundancy would take place) I would be pretty upset at the extra money you wasted.

If they don't offer uninsured motorist bodily injury with full coverage, I would be looking elsewhere. That's the coverage that protects you.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I've been with Nationwide, Progressive, Allstate, Esurance and GEICO (more than once). I bounce around every 6 months before my policy renews and they always seem to beat each other out. I'm on GEICO now for my second time and actually they are the only insurance company I had to use *knocks on wood* when my Camry was side swiped parked years ago. They were great and super quick to handle the claim.

I'm sure any national insurance co is good I wouldn't trust the bottom barrel ones for people with shit credit like the GENERAL or CURE.

Voltwings

Established Member
Geico was literally like 100 bucks a month cheaper for me, and the only reason we do not still have them is because we got a better package deal elsewhere when we purchased our home. If Geico could have matched or beat the bundle i'd still be with them... i feel that goes without saying lol, but we were always very satisfied.

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
In Ohio SF was the cheapest for good coverage. In NC Geico beat all the other Big insurance company’s by a good margin. SF and Farmers were the highest for me now and that’s after 6-7 years with SF. It pays to shop around, I don’t know how true it is but a Geico rep told me they are the cheapest in NC because they don’t pay there reps a percentage of your premium like other company’s do. It’s sounded to me like that was case by case basis depending on the state.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

96gt02

Established Member
I have geico on all three 3 of my vehicles, Price wise was by far the cheapest over any reputable company however I can't really say how their service is because I've never needed it.

Zemedici

Established Member
I’ve got Geico - had it for 3 years, never had a rate increase or anything. Absolutely zero complaints from me

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Geico has the worst rates I've ever researched! they were $400 more then any other insurance company I looked at and this was for a 2009 Dodge Charger.

I work in the Ghetto and every mope driving a car has Geico cause they insure all the high risk drivers but the guy with no accidents or tickets pays for all of them!

I went with Amica. they were cheaper then anyone. and their stupid ****ing commercials alone would make me never chose them!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I hate to break it to everyone, but every single company is taking sizable rate increases. In 2016, insurance companies nationwide paid out 106% of what they brought in, and they don't expect rates to be caught up with claims until 2019. So sit tight.

Also, with Geico, are you talking about uninsured motorist property damage? Or uninsured motorist bodily injury? With full coverage (comp and collision), UMPD is redundant and not needed, if you had been paying for the coverage for all those years on top of collision coverage (where the redundancy would take place) I would be pretty upset at the extra money you wasted.

If they don't offer uninsured motorist bodily injury with full coverage, I would be looking elsewhere. That's the coverage that protects you.

They will not let you get the property damage because as you said it is redundant.
They have the bodily injury as an option but said if you have good health insurance then skip it pretty much.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They will not let you get the property damage because as you said it is redundant.
They have the bodily injury as an option but said if you have good health insurance then skip it pretty much.
No.

Bodily injury covers much more than just the medical portion of an accident. Say a guy gets smoked and it puts him into a wheelchair for the rest of his life, health insurance isn't going to put food on the table or make house payments.

There is a reason that coverage is so expensive, it gets used. I think Geico has a tendency to push that it's not needed, because almost everything I quote from them either doesn't have UM/UIM or very low limits.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had Geico for several years, at the time they were a decent chunk cheaper than anyone else. I dont recall them going up on my rates much. The only claim I ever had was after being the victim of a hit and run, I have no complaints about how they handled it.

When I got married we shopped around to combine all our stuff and Esurance was cheaper than everyone else at the time. Theyve been fine so far

daustin

Established Member
I currently have State Farm and my rates for my Mustang and my wife's Edge went from $129 per month to $195 over the past year. No tickets, accidents or claims at all *knock on wood* and have been with them since 2012.

I just got a quote from Farmer's and they only want $135 per month. I will be switching soon as I just got another letter in the mail from SF saying my rate will be going up again at my next renewal.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I would never skip on bodily injury coverage. Especially here where everyone is uninsured or under insured

ssssnake

Established Member
I've had GEICO for over a year, and I've had no problems. Very helpful when I call. My car had damage from driving over something that crimped my a/c hose. They fixed that plus something else the adjuster found. No problems at all, but I don't have a fast Mustang anymore.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If you skip property damage and bodily injury you are an idiod. Heck, I even have a $1mm umbrella policy on top of everything else.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
My understanding of property damage is that it is not needed if you have full coverage as your collision will cover your car if hit by someone without insurance.
As far as bodily injury that is the reason I posted this because no agent takes the time to explain shit.
Even if you have it my understanding now is it wil only cover up to what your limits are so if you have 100k it will only cover that.
I don't necessarily agree with being an idiot for something you don't need or have covered other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread