So, What is my next move.......?

CobraRLC

Established Member
I think that it is time for me to fatten this Cobra up......
While you all were at C-bad, I went and paid a visit to Swansons. I rolled up onto the rollers and put down some new numbers. My new rwhp is 385 that is 43 rwhp more since adding the Amazon Stage 1 Air kit and the Stinger.....but I didn't break the 400rwhp number like I wanted.....:bash:
Now it is time for the race to begin. I am looking for real hp adders. The KB is not an option, this is a pure bolt on mod list to be created.......... :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yeah, like i didnt know that already :rolleyes:

Ive got my own spies around town ;-)
So what number on the TQ?

Dont waist ur money on the TB just yet :nono: For 600bucks u can get far better things for u buck.

Id say stiffen up the Chassy with Subs before it gets out of line :eek: 250.00.

Pulley & Chip is the next best step / Bang for the buck. 6-7bucks id say?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
excellent gains from the intake and exhaust! :thumbsup:

besides the 12" k&n, chip and pulley, the only other perf mods i did were the prochamber and throttle body (and i have no idea how much, if any, power those two added). i'd probably look into the upr clutch stuff, aftermarket shifter, and subframe connectors next. although they don't add power, imho they improve enjoyment. :)

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i'd probably look into the upr clutch stuff, aftermarket shifter, and subframe connectors next. although they don't add power, imho they improve enjoyment. :)
Not a Cobra driver but I couldn't agree more...;-)

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraRLC
Thanks,
Pmods, L.B, and Fushnickens....
Any more ideas, I need specific combinations...............
Maximum Motorsports Full-Length welded subs, UPR Blu Thunder Shifter with Trick Stick Handle and MRT or Fat Knob Shift Ball, UPR Extreme Firewall Adjuster and Triple Hook Clutch Quadrant...

Call Eric...:p That's one day at XMP...:beer:

As for pulley/chip stuff....I'm sure the 03 Cobra guys can steer you right...Juan seems to have a winning combo...

And personally I would do 4.10s...I love mine...I know Juan loves his and Tetge has 'em on order...;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Still need a chip but wait till things get worked out with Autologic & Diablo.
No sense in getting one right now if u cant take advantage of it in the future. :nono:

No other real bolt on's......U can always go with a lower pulley but u still need a chip.

Nothing much else to beat the bang for the buck :shrug:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
you can also try the water injection that dan has. w/ that and the pulley he's putting down some good numbers at the track.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
off topic... hey ruben, do you think the bap fuse being blown may be due to the stock injectors at high psi? could be a short someplace too, but w/ that kinda power maybe you should consider the 55lb'ers?

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
off topic... hey ruben, do you think the bap fuse being blown may be due to the stock injectors at high psi? could be a short someplace too, but w/ that kinda power maybe you should consider the 55lb'ers?
I called KB and was told to check the wires from BAP to see if they were loose. They look ok. I think Ill get the 55s but not sure if that will bump hp levels, but for what I heard is much safer.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Good numbers Robert, I still think your engine needs to break in. Your car definitely has 400rwhp in it with just intake and exhaust.

I don't know about Danny's dyno....the dynojet he uses seems to register low numbers in my opinion.

I've riddin in your car, and it feels strong as f%&k. Just as strong as mine if not stronger and I got over 400rwhp with mine with the Magaflow X, CB and the PHP.

The next move? We should speak the man Adam on this one :beer:

Last edited:

CobraRLC

Established Member
Thanks Bro.....
You are probably right with the mileage. 1600 miles is not alot.....
Adam the main move man will have the answers......

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Can't you run over to KB and have them look at the car? They should be worried that a lot of people might question their stuff if they see the car blowing fuses at the track and read about it on the net

To tell you the true I dont know how they are in business. Telephone takes them forever to pick up and when they do and ask a question they are kind of clueless. I gave up on them:gt:

Orange Poison

Established Member
My next move,

Probably an original 2.93 L pulley that is steel, not aluminum.

74" gates belt or gatorback belt, I'd like to keep the pulley guard on. I just like the look.

And a Diablo Sport chip from SoCalDiablo.

Next, maybe the throttle body....maybe Paul's TB and plenum.

Dont know if I'll mess with the mid pipe again....as I don't like the pain the ass of changing the mid pipe again to get it smogged. Definitely won't do headers.

F%&k, what else?

Users who are viewing this thread