So what is going to be the solution to the 'Gear Deficit'?

Harborite88

I wish you could get all the sweet stuff they have with the performance package and still opt for the 3.55 's with the manual tranny from the factory..

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Wait...there is no way to change it in the computer for an accurate speedometer?!

*edit* i was going to put my own 3.73s in. Not sure what i want to do now. Why would ford sell them for those that didnt order the performance pack but give is us no way to change it? Im baffled.

Last edited:

Anthony K

Established Member
It will affect the navigation if you have that too, possibly the auto trans shift points?

Watson has been working on it.

I have a pp car with a Procharger and 3.73's ....... REALLY want to swap to 3.31. But don't want to lose the torsen

Watson told me about it back in February. When they found the problem in their car

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Ill have a manual, in my case that wont effect me I wont have gps either. This is going to be a drag car. Going for 150s mph traps with a jpc turbo kit. Really dont want to swap to a 9 inch. I just want ford to release something so it can be changed to read the correct speed. I might just have to go with the 3.55 option when I place my order, unless I hear some good news between now and sept 1st. (when Im ordering)

Out of curiousity why do you want to get away from 3.73s? Too much down low with the instant power of the blower?

Last edited:

Anthony K

Established Member
I just talked to my buddy at Watson. Ford racing is supposed to send him the device that will reprogram the bcm this week. As soon as I hear. I'll let you guys know if it works

1st gear is useless with the blower and a stick.

Anthony K

Established Member
They knew about it all along. Just played dumb. Before the mustang was released, Watson knew about it and was asking the questions

Users who are viewing this thread