So Van.....

Van@RevanRacing

Although this is the latest and greatest from SCT I'd be cautious about this.

I'm sure SCT did some testing but my concern is with prior experience with:

SCT Livewire was unstable and the device failed often

SCT iTSX had firmware issues and stability issues as well with the Bluetooth feature.

Even the xcal 3 can have stability and firmware issues.

I don't want my customers being Guinea Pigs for new product until it's been tested thoroughly for stability.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Seems like sound reasoning....Going to hit you up soon for a email tune from Lund, I wanna try it out on my car :beer:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member

SCT iTSX had firmware issues and stability issues as well with the Bluetooth feature.

I don't want my customers being Guinea Pigs for new product until it's been tested thoroughly for stability.

I am on this boat as well. Being early adopters of new products may be good from a "keeping up with the Jones" prospective, but I would rather not take my $60,000 car into uncharted territory with new products. I want credibility from an existing base of users to make that decision.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
If my last name was Lund, I'd be in Asia having some incredibly gifted engineer building me my own design.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like sound reasoning....Going to hit you up soon for a email tune from Lund, I wanna try it out on my car :beer:

Don't you run a custom Steeda tune?
I've always had good luck with SCT, no complaints about Lund either :rockon:
-J

Smackiavelli

Established Member

Each of the four sentences above that describe potentially nocent characteristics of the various SCT Units mentions instability. Your unrepentant candor is appreciated, Van; I thinks there's an impressive number of Shelby slingers 'round these parts that respect you being such a straight-shooter.

So said, considering the outward prevalence of this stability issue, maybe it would be wise to feed these SCT units a Lithium - Xanax cocktail prior to uploading a tune?

Van@RevanRacing

Each of the four sentences above that describe potentially nocent characteristics of the various SCT Units mentions instability. Your unrepentant candor is appreciated, Van; I thinks there's an impressive number of Shelby slingers 'round these parts that respect you being such a straight-shooter.

So said, considering the outward prevalence of this stability issue, maybe it would be wise to feed these SCT units a Lithium - Xanax cocktail prior to uploading a tune?

There have been many a day where I personally could use a Lithium - Xanax cocktail, uploading a tune aside.

Even the initial XCAL 3 had issues that had to be worked through. I'm not onboard until I see a little more hard data from active users.

Anybody want to run a dual fan heat exchanger on one relay? :dw:

Smackiavelli

Established Member
There have been many a day where I personally could use a Lithium - Xanax cocktail, uploading a tune aside.

Even the initial XCAL 3 had issues that had to be worked through. I'm not onboard until I see a little more hard data from active users.

Anybody want to run a dual fan heat exchanger on one relay? :dw:

I feel ya, brutha. Sometimes the day is too long and the hurdles too numerous. It's easy to make that understandable descent into the type of stupor typically reserved for more detached folks - those among us who hold regular conversations with a smoking hot Hellenistic princess of the Fertile Crescent, circa 335 BC. I went to high school with a dude who was actually convinced that he was next in line to the throne of the Seleucid Empire. I think the Lithium - Xanax blend is where things just got going for him.

Anywho, I'm not willing to run a dual fan heat exchanger on a single relay, but I am willing to run the anchor of a single relay for a chance to win a dual fan heat exchanger from Revan Racing. Let's talk. :beer:

Van@RevanRacing

I feel ya, brutha. Sometimes the day is too long and the hurdles too numerous. It's easy to make that understandable descent into the type of stupor typically reserved for more detached folks - those among us who hold regular conversations with a smoking hot Hellenistic princess of the Fertile Crescent, circa 335 BC. I went to high school with a dude who was actually convinced that he was next in line to the throne of the Seleucid Empire. I think the Lithium - Xanax blend is where things just got going for him.

Anywho, I'm not willing to run a dual fan heat exchanger on a single relay, but I am willing to run the anchor of a single relay for a chance to win a dual fan heat exchanger from Revan Racing. Let's talk. :beer:

Perhaps I can interest you in an XCAL 4?

Looks like they pulled the page down.

Ooops. Maybe not Smacki. Interesting. Thanks Sid.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Perhaps I can interest you in an XCAL 4?

Ooops. Maybe not Smacki. Interesting. Thanks Sid.

Sure, I'll pick one up from you. I don't mind at all if you lace a cheese ball with Rodenticide and toss it into my cage. I'll happily gnaw on the damn thing and see what happens.

Meantime, I see the page vanishing as an indication and an opportunity. The XCAL 4 market is clearly in a state of distrust-based inertia, which means that it's just waiting to be monopolized. If the XCAL 4 ends up pulling the pin on my motor, you can list it as the XCAL 4 Incendiary, so there's no confusion about the potential risks. If, however, it works like a charm with manifest improvement over the previous model—in respect to ease of uploading a tune and affecting considerable results—you can call it XCAL 4 Flash Bang!

Does this resonate with you as a sliver of marketing genius? If so, I'll gladly relinquish all creative license.

Van@RevanRacing

Sure, I'll pick one up from you. I don't mind at all if you lace a cheese ball with Rodenticide and toss it into my cage. I'll happily gnaw on the damn thing and see what happens.

Meantime, I see the page vanishing as an indication and an opportunity. The XCAL 4 market is clearly in a state of distrust-based inertia, which means that it's just waiting to be monopolized. If the XCAL 4 ends up pulling the pin on my motor, you can list it as the XCAL 4 Incendiary, so there's no confusion about the potential risks. If, however, it works like a charm with manifest improvement over the previous model—in respect to ease of uploading a tune and affecting considerable results—you can call it XCAL 4 Flash Bang!

Does this resonate with you as a sliver of marketing genius? If so, I'll gladly relinquish all creative license.

What an incredible offer.

It is with great malice aforethought I offer you the XCAL 4 Incendiary Trinity Smoker. As long as we understand that you are on your own when said Incendiary device because and IED on it's own with little thought for your safety or that of your passengers I will gladly ascertain said device and ship it out to you.

Note: It will not have a tune from Lund Racing but a Strategy tune that will best suit your needs.

As you can tell I lack the ability to hold court with you in mastery of The King's English. Smackadoodle away.............. I'm not doing the Fowler brothers much due.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
What an incredible offer.

It is with great malice aforethought I offer you the XCAL 4 Incendiary Trinity Smoker. As long as we understand that you are on your own when said Incendiary device because and IED on it's own with little thought for your safety or that of your passengers I will gladly ascertain said device and ship it out to you.

Note: It will not have a tune from Lund Racing but a Strategy tune that will best suit your needs.

As you can tell I lack the ability to hold court with you in mastery of The King's English. Smackadoodle away.............. I'm not doing the Fowler brothers much due.

Dude, I have a personal code: I never smack on my friends. A little jovial badinage among friends is cool, but my buddies are not going to find themselves on the receiving end of a verbal emasculation. I have, however, been known to roll out the lexical ICBMs to launch at the enemies of my homies. If there's any present relevance to that, feel free to paint the target.

That said, I'm digging 'XCAL 4 Incendiary Trinity Smoker.' Go with that. Taking it a step further, I would add the tag line: When The Fate Of Your Five-Point-Eight Is To Detonate.

Once I have the unit in hand, rest assured that I accept full culpability for whatever I do to my Trinity, as well as any proximal structures that are flammable and/or easily blown down by the concussion of a blast filled with connecting rod fragments, piston chunks, and crank case shrapnel.

Lastly, fret not. King James is not doing high velocity rotisserie in his grave over your application of the language. Nor do the Fowler Brothers find in your repartee anything that provokes indignity. Rather, they, like me, just see the Maharajah of Mustang Modification having a little fun with some written hijinks.

Your serve. :rolling:

Van@RevanRacing

I've been contemplating the equivalent of a lexical "Service Ace" as a salvo to which there maybe no retort. Then I realize this is the equivalent of "Raising the Titanic"

When the fate of your five-point-eight is to detonate call SCT to castigate or potentially mitigate! :thumbsup:

Additionally I know you were not on the verbal offensive with aye. Quite the contrary these little diatribes are a nice respite.

Side out.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
I've been contemplating the equivalent of a lexical "Service Ace" as a salvo to which there maybe no retort. Then I realize this is the equivalent of "Raising the Titanic"

This comment inspires curiosity. Far from being lost on me, I find myself thoroughly enjoying the metaphor and thinking well played, sir - well played. My curiosity arises from the reference. Do I infer correctly that you are a fan of Cussler, the author of the 1976 novel (which was made into a 1980 movie of the same name)? The book was quite good. Enduring the movie, however, was akin to plunging an incandescent soldering iron into your cornea. One interesting bit of trivia about Cussler: he owns a mint '65 GT350. Maybe you mentioning one of his books has deeper meaning? :)

When the fate of your five-point-eight is to detonate call SCT to castigate or potentially mitigate!
I never anticipated that engaging you in a little wordplay would reveal the Dylan Thomas of SVT Performance. Your continuation of the prose not only displays a masterful handle on quantitative meter, but a talent for rhyme scheme as well. What's next? Are you going to set off into a humbling burst of iambic pentameter?

I would continue the prosal flow with my own additions, but I'm thinking the crowd may become restless if this thread bears any further resemblance to the Norton Anthology of American Literature. Plus, Devious_Snake is a solid cat and I'm nursing some self-reproach over shanghaiing his thread.

Duece. ;-)

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I will not eat them in a house, i will not eat them with a mouse,i will not eat them in a box i will not eat them with a fox, i will not eat them here of there i will not eat them anywhere, I do not like green eggs and ham i do not like them sam i am.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
I will not eat them in a house, i will not eat them with a mouse,i will not eat them in a box i will not eat them with a fox, i will not eat them here of there i will not eat them anywhere, I do not like green eggs and ham i do not like them sam i am.

I once knew a boxer from Nantucket . . .

I wish I paid attention in school.

Me, too. But I was always daydreaming about American literature and Playboy centerfolds.

Users who are viewing this thread