So this is what I did Sunday....

86Fbody

Established Member
I had what I would describe as a mechanical failure. The video pretty much shows what happened, http://youtu.be/l6yDNQMbUpM. My question now is what would you suggest as a replacement car. I am not sure the motor is good or if it is there is going to be some serious work that will need to be done since it probably rev'ed to 8500. My Dad and I would like to replace the car with another Fox and do a Termi swap again but I feel like that would end up being more expensive than the other option which is to buy a friends Cobra for 18k and work that up to being track ready.
tPWUbIH.jpg

Last edited:

Rotzs99

Established Member
HO - LEE - S*$#

I'm assuming you're okay by your post, but wow. Selling cobra seats with brown inserts? 18k would build a pretty clean and mean track oriented fox I would think.

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
HO - LEE - S*$#

I'm assuming you're okay by your post, but wow. Selling cobra seats with brown inserts? 18k would build a pretty clean and mean track oriented fox I would think.

Seats that were in the car were Evo 9 seats. 18k would make a good track Fox, but I am wondering if the price of the car plus the engine rebuild plus whatever else needs to be done to make it track ready would cost more than the Cobra plus what it needs to be track ready.

86Fbody

Established Member
Very sorry to see your car like that.

I am selling a 93 fox with 04 suspension done it is a 5.0 5 speed car for $5500.

It would be a great start if your interested, I live in Glen burnie

PM me with more details, that might be a nice start.

darreng505

Established Member
Not a single bolt is reusable on that car. Sorry to say.

Were you there Sunday with SCCA PDX?

What broke that caused the wreck do you think?

Last edited:

mavisky

Established Member
Looks like he grabbed second instead of fourth gear. Instant rear lockup and almost unrecoverable given the way it immediately jerked sideways. The wheel hop could have also sheared a control arm mounting point, but that's going to be near impossible to tell after what caused the damage between the lockup and the rollover.

Glad to see you're safe OP. Good luck with the next build.

Small pointer - keep a looser grip on the wheel and don't hook your thumbs around quite as bad. Also a set of driving gloves may benefit you later as nothing destroys a suede/alcantara steering wheel faster than bare sweaty hands.

86Fbody

Established Member
Not a single bolt is reusable on that car. Sorry to say.

Were you there Sunday with SCCA PDX?

What broke that caused the wreck do you think?

Yeah I was, my dad had driven Saturday in the rain without issue.

Looks like he grabbed second instead of fourth gear. Instant rear lockup and almost unrecoverable given the way it immediately jerked sideways. The wheel hop could have also sheared a control arm mounting point, but that's going to be near impossible to tell after what caused the damage between the lockup and the rollover.

Glad to see you're safe OP. Good luck with the next build.

Small pointer - keep a looser grip on the wheel and don't hook your thumbs around quite as bad. Also a set of driving gloves may benefit you later as nothing destroys a suede/alcantara steering wheel faster than bare sweaty hands.

It definitely was going into second that caused it, which I am still wondering what went wrong in the trans to cause that. There are many things that will be going into the next car, full cage rather than just a roll bar for one, getting a HANS, gloves aren't the biggest priority but they will also be bought at some point.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn! That looked bad. Did you suffer any injuries?

darreng505

Established Member
For your next build don't spare any expense on safety equipment. Best cage. Best harnesses. Proper race seat. Hans. Helm. And yes even gloves.

Users who are viewing this thread