So my wife's walking down the street yesterday...

akula51

Me
Established Member
"Hey, nice car. Is that a Terminator?", she says (good girl...).

"No, it's a Cobra," he says.

"Oh (knowing exactly what she's looking at...), well, my husband's is a 2003 and 'they call that a Terminator," replies my lovely wife.

He proceeds to 'educate'..."No, this is a 2004. Just a Cobra."

Have a Nice Day. Or did she say that? <laugh>

Woe are they who do not know the lineage of their ride.

Ack

TRBO VNM

:lol:

yeah, like flowgoode's fiance going to the parts store and telling the guy she needs an oil filter for her mustang gt and he says, is that a v6....some people.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
He proceeds to 'educate'..."No, this is a 2004. Just a Cobra."

Well in his case it was just a cobra ... no upgrades and not even have seen
5000rpm

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I had a similar experience to what TRBO posted above. I went into Autozone to get an oil filter myself. I ask which one for a '94 Mustang Cobra, funny response:

"Is that the 4cyl or the V6?"

"No you dipstick... It's a V8."

"Ok, 4.6L?"

"ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING AT YOUR COMPUTER???"

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Dont even try buying a different size than stock belt at autozone for your car. They wouldn't order it for me telling me it's not the stock size. I felt like comming across the counter and bitch slapping the guy. They couldn't comprehend that my car is not stock.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
:lol:

yeah, like flowgoode's fiance going to the parts store and telling the guy she needs an oil filter for her mustang gt and he says, is that a v6....some people.

lmao, yeah Jason saw the text msg she sent me after her experience there.

Some girls DO know what they are talking about sometimes...specially more than some of those punk teenagers they pull off the streets and put them behind the parts counter.

busta said:
"Is that the 4cyl or the V6?"

"No you dipstick... It's a V8."

"Ok, 4.6L?"

"ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING AT YOUR COMPUTER???"

I think we've all had an experience like this...I just don't understand how hard it is for them just listen and look at the computer screen.

Last edited:

red9450

Established Member
well in that case, when he goes to sell it, show him the difference in $$$ between a termy, and a regular cobra. sounds to me like 5-6K. lol

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Its funny cause I have a funny story too. I was on my way to college today when I saw a 99/01 cobra. He asked me what year my cobra was and I told him 98. He asked if that was the last year they made the 5.0. I smiled and said no its 4.6 4 valve similar to his. He looked at me like he had no Idea what I was talkin about. So I had fun with it and added that it was the dual overhead cam like yours but your heads are better. His face was blank lol

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Oh man, shoulda told him his heads had the gas-saving/low-emissions ports and weren't as good as your's. But because you're a nice guy, you'll swap for free. :D

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
The best is to buy plugs I always get the "Those wont fit your car they are not the one you need"

Like WTF do you know what I need

Users who are viewing this thread