So many new guy questions... Sorry!

ANGREY

Established Member
Redline and a couple of others. Just search for GT350 hood struts, literally dozens of sources available.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was fast! Post a photo of the installed hood strut if you can.

RetiredFireCaptain

I was a bit concerned after getting my kit yesterday at the amount of force it took to compress the cylinders....I cycled each one
numerous times as I had read, but there was still no change. Verified I had the correct GT350 struts.....I'm a bit hesitant to install them now....

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I was a bit concerned after getting my kit yesterday at the amount of force it took to compress the cylinders....I cycled each one
numerous times as I had read, but there was still no change. Verified I had the correct GT350 struts.....I'm a bit hesitant to install them now....
Think of the mechanical advantage your hood has to compress the cylinders. You don’t want the hood falling, do you?

RetiredFireCaptain

I realize that...and of course not......but holding up the hood with one arm to place the rod in it versus pushing like all hell to get the shock to compress and there's 2 of them.....what's the hood weigh? I know it's all engineered into the equation.....just kind of shocked at the amount of force it required to compress one of them......
Think of the mechanical advantage your hood has to compress the cylinders. You don’t want the hood falling, do you?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I realize that...and of course not......but holding up the hood with one arm to place the rod in it versus pushing like all hell to get the shock to compress and there's 2 of them.....what's the hood weigh? I know it's all engineered into the equation.....just kind of shocked at the amount of force it required to compress one of them......

You afraid your hood might end up looking like the hood on a square body Chevy when the hood hinges freeze up? Lol.

So many creased hood square body Chevy trucks running around these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXRickC

Established Member
Redlines on my 2018 for over 2 years now, no complaints.
xlarge.jpg

TXRickC

Established Member
For the strut tower brace, radiator cover and radiator brackets I had a small local body shop do it. I bought a small section of OEM stripe and put those on myself. measure and eye balled it. The other stuff came from JLP which unfortunately no longer offers

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Trust the science Young Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread