So many different production dates for my Shelby?!

USV8PWR

Established Member
So a couple weeks ago I finally received my VIN and was told my Shelby order would be built during the week of Oct. 15th. About a week or so ago I was told by Ford SVT that the build date would be 10/08. And then yesterday I was finally able to pull up my window sticker with my VIN and that clearly showed 10/10/2012 as the "blend" date for my order.

However, this morning I called Ford SVT again and they said my car was in production now?! The actual status update they gave me was "in production, sent to plant on 10/02". Of course I'm excited my car is being built right now (if that is true), but I thought that the blend date on the sticker was the final word/date that the car would actually be assembled? Has anyone else had their order built before the "blend" date on the sticker? What gives?

It almost seems my Shelby order got a lil kick in the ass, after I had been waiting for so long! LMAO! ;-)

WAL

Established Member
So a couple weeks ago I finally received my VIN and was told my Shelby order would be built during the week of Oct. 15th. About a week or so ago I was told by Ford SVT that the build date would be 10/08. And then yesterday I was finally able to pull up my window sticker with my VIN and that clearly showed 10/10/2012 as the "blend" date for my order.

However, this morning I called Ford SVT again and they said my car was in production now?! The actual status update they gave me was "in production, sent to plant on 10/02". Of course I'm excited my car is being built right now (if that is true), but I thought that the blend date on the sticker was the final word/date that the car would actually be assembled? Has anyone else had their order built before the "blend" date on the sticker? What gives?

It almost seems my Shelby order got a lil kick in the ass, after I had been waiting for so long! LMAO! ;-)

Your order was "sent to plant" on 10/2, but it doesn't necessarily start down the assembly line on that date. The "blend date" is the date your car will roll off the assembly line. It seems that the actual build process takes somewhere around three days. Anyway, the blend date on the window sticker seems to be a date in the process that you can pretty much count on to be accurate. The next frustration will be how long it sits in "area 51" (2-5 weeks) before it's "received" by the shipper (probably the railroad) for shipping. Hang in there. You're getting closer. :beer:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Your order was "sent to plant" on 10/2, but it doesn't necessarily start down the assembly line on that date. The "blend date" is the date your car will roll off the assembly line. It seems that the actual build process takes somewhere around three days. Anyway, the blend date on the window sticker seems to be a date in the process that you can pretty much count on to be accurate. The next frustration will be how long it sits in "area 51" (2-5 weeks) before it's "received" by the shipper (probably the railroad) for shipping. Hang in there. You're getting closer. :beer:

Not exactly, the blend date is the day the chassis and body come together on the assembly line. If they come together early enough in the day, then it will roll off the assembly line that day. If they come together late in the day, it will roll off the assembly line the following day.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Not exactly, the blend date is the day the chassis and body come together on the assembly line. If they come together early enough in the day, then it will roll off the assembly line that day. If they come together late in the day, it will roll off the assembly line the following day.

Well I just read a message Deysha sent me and she too said my order "has been sent to the plant for production already". Which is what Ford SVT told me yesterday. So it appears that my car was assembled several days before the "blend" date found on the sticker. I didn't think that was possible but both are saying it is already in production.

I do see now that at the bottom of my window sticker, below the words Special Order this is a row of numbers and letters and at the end it says 10 02 12. But at the top under "blend" it shows 120121010.

USV8PWR

Established Member

And on my window sticker it shows "Ramp One" as being RA02, not 51 or whatever. Or does that ramp, RA02, lead the cars to "area 51"?

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
My car was produced before the blend date as well.

Area 51 just refers to the spot where the cars go and wait until enough cars are loaded on a truck or whatever to go to the same area.

It would not show on your window sticker.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
If your car was already built the status would be "produced". The blend dates are frequently off by a day or so.

WAL

Established Member

Thanks for the clarification Iceman. :rockon:

WAL

Established Member
And on my window sticker it shows "Ramp One" as being RA02, not 51 or whatever. Or does that ramp, RA02, lead the cars to "area 51"?

My window sticker shows "CU51." So in answer to your question, I don't have a clue. Maybe Iceman can help on this one????

PS. According to SVT, my car was at ramp 51 before it was released to "United Road Services" on 9/30/12. So I have no idea where my car is right now. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread