So I "swatted" someone today...

blk02edge

Established Member
****ed up story but anyway, I'm a service electrician and got a call to go figure out why a baseboard heater wasn't working. Got there and walked into the low income apartment building unit and saw 3 middle age white neo nazi looking dudes cleaning a bunch of rifles on the kitchen table.. no big deal, its hunting season I guess. the apartment was totally void of stuff minus that but anyway walked into a closed bedroom to test the heaters after I had re-set the tripped breaker and sitting on a desk in a baron room next to a soldering iron and some wire strippers was a 6 tube bomb with a digital display (was off) and sketch wiring... didn't even think much of it in the moment, saw that baseboards worked, signed off work order and left. 30 minutes later I stopped and said what in the **** did I just see... there was no memorabilia, pictures, art nothing. just a bed, desk electronic tools and this thing... so I phoned my office and told them what I saw and asked what they thought next thing I know Im on the phone with multiple officers and they wanted every damn detail I could remember... so I was just waiting to hear back and I guess the poor guy had made a "gag alarm clock"... cops had to dismantle it to tell...

CV355

_
Established Member
You did the right thing. End of story. Never know what some of these nutjobs are up to.

Funny though, I had an HVAC tech in my last house about 5 years ago and had a close call like that. He needed access to all vents, and I was nervous he'd waltz in the "gun room." I was going to throw a blanket over everything but he waltzed in before I knew he was going there- he didn't even ask. He stops dead in his tracks, shrugs and kept going. I had 12 rifles in a vertical rack, four rifles disassembled on folding tables, a cabinet filled with ammo boxes, a stack of handguns cases, and a telescope stashed in the corner. It just so happened that one of the blinds was crooked down from me checking on who was in the driveway. VERY sketch. Nothing was loaded, everything else was locked...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely did the right thing. Think of how you would have felt if the bomb was real and many people were killed in a terrorist explosion. See something/say something is always something to remember. Well done sir! Well done!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You did the right thing OP. See something, say something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You did the right thing. End of story. Never know what some of these nutjobs are up to.

Funny though, I had an HVAC tech in my last house about 5 years ago and had a close call like that. He needed access to all vents, and I was nervous he'd waltz in the "gun room." I was going to throw a blanket over everything but he waltzed in before I knew he was going there- he didn't even ask. He stops dead in his tracks, shrugs and kept going. I had 12 rifles in a vertical rack, four rifles disassembled on folding tables, a cabinet filled with ammo boxes, a stack of handguns cases, and a telescope stashed in the corner. It just so happened that one of the blinds was crooked down from me checking on who was in the driveway. VERY sketch. Nothing was loaded, everything else was locked...
You live in the South. That is normal.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
Didn't some kid get recognized by a president for making a clock like this?

Meme_f03806_6226479.jpg

Twisted2v

Established Member
Made the right call. So does the home owner still have to pay the repair bill, or will it be a freebie?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Who cares about the bill. You'll also be paying for their rent, food, child support, court fees so they can sit around and play cards, basketball, act tough and do drugs.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's always better to be safe than sorry. You did the right thing. I have a pretty sketch one as well at my last job. I think I may have posted about it but dont remember.

A couple, man and woman in their late 40s early 50s comes to my shop needing an estimate for front end damage. They are telling me a story about how they ran itheir car off the road into a ditch because of the snow around Christmas time last August (yes, that is what they said). So Im already skeptical by how insane they are coming off and I tell them to hang on while I go look at the car. I get out to the car and see the damage is low on the right side of the front bumper. I get down on my hands and knees and look underneath to see a crack low on the bumper with a clump of hair that appeared to be human wrapped up in it. I was like "what the ****?" and obviously a little shocked so I started to look at the type of damage and I quickly concluded that a person could create this type of damage so I needed to report it. The couple were still inside the office so I pulled out my phone and snapped a pic of the hair on the car and then I saw their feet coming towards me from under the car. I quickly ripped the hair out and stuffed it into my pocket and got up as they were coming around to see what I thought, not knowing I was going to report them for a potential crime.

I did the estimate and they said they wanted it fixed asap and Im thinking "Im sure you would after hitting someone and leaving the scene". I told them okay and scheduled it for a week out so I could talk to the police. They left, I called the police and they sent down and officer and two scene investigators. I showed them the hair which they said had hair follicles and definitely appeard to be human. So they took it with them to test it and asked if I could get the car back so they could inspect it themselves. I called the customer and made up a story about how I wanted to do a tear down on the front end to make sure I had everything on the estimate before we did repairs. They agreed and dropped off the car for a few hours and while it was at my shop I had the police come in and look at it. They took pictures and looked it over, and then with the couple's information they got their address and went and checked out the residence.

That was the last I saw of the police. The officer called me and said they the hair was human but it didn't match any reports or any missing persons or whatnot. So basically it is an unsolved case I guess. I never got a follow up after that.

Users who are viewing this thread