So I got a hair transplant

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I am 34, almost 35. Yeah, I still had a prett much full hair, but it thinned out and lost it’s volume and density a lot. Also the hairline receded a bit. I wasnt Happy with it. I think I look ridiculous bald. Some guys pull it off like a rock star and unfortunately I m not gifted like that.

I began shaving my head with clippers very close when I was 35 (7 years ago). After about a year I decided to bic it and I haven't looked back. I'm one of the guys who can pull it off I guess.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i have a serious question here... won't you have to continue getting transplants forever? you are going to continue to have hair loss.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Trust me, some heads aren't meant to be bic bald.

I have a half Asian/white hybrid head shape. Its...... odd with nothing on it.

OP im in the same boat. 35 and its thinning and receding. I had a good run, even grew it out 2 years ago for one last hurrah. I decided to accept the inevitability of time and age. Im glad that you took charge of something that you felt was important to you.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Lol! :D

They take the hairs from the back of your head randomly, one at a time and implant them to the areas you need. If you don’t have enough hair back there, they can always resort to bear and / or body hair.

If you don’t have those, then you are not a good hair transplant candidate.
If they take the hair from the back of you head don’t you have a bald spot back there now?

Also where do you get a bear to volunteer his hair?
From the ****in zoo?

And my body hair is only like a quater or an inch long so if you put leg or arm hair on your head won’t it only stay short?
Is that why they shaved you because the hair won’t grow long?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have a fear of my hairline receding and hair thinning. Like you, I love my hair and absolutely will not let it go.
But I have to ask, you went to Turkey for the procedure?
If so, wouldn't the cost of the trip plus procedure be comparable to getting it done here?
I thought I was the only self absorbed and shallow person here that cherished his hair.

However, if I begin to go bald, I'm shaving the big melon. A beard will distract from the lumpy head.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cobra-O

Established Member
So do they knock you out for the procedure? Or are you awake? How long did it take to move 28xx hair follicles?

Klay

Established Member
If they take the hair from the back of you head don’t you have a bald spot back there now?

Also where do you get a bear to volunteer his hair?
From the ****in zoo?

And my body hair is only like a quater or an inch long so if you put leg or arm hair on your head won’t it only stay short?
Is that why they shaved you because the hair won’t grow long?

I am by no means an expert but typically, the hair on the back and sides of your head doesn't go bald like the hairline or top. That is why that hair gets used in transplants. So while it would temporarily be gone if they used it from those areas, it will grow back. Then since the hair transplanted is from good areas, it will continue to grow in the areas that were balding.

Whether or not you can go bald again is not something I can answer but it supposed to last a lifetime from my understanding. I briefly looked into getting it done by bosley. My hair is a lot thinner and receding more than yours was though musclefan.

Despite me being an SVTP member, even $5700 would be too much for me to spend on this. I would most likely have to spend more since my hair is worse off.

Glad it worked out for you though.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I didn't go bald, my hair just relocated. Back, chest, ears, eyebrows and ass! I was bummed when my hair started thinning at 35. However, The wife loves rubbing my head, so I got that going for me! I just don't miss it. Good for you though OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slow poke

Established Member
Do steriods be a man, a completely exaggerated man in all his glorious manhood.

I started losing my hair at 22 I'm 34 now, who gives a flying ****. Whatever they do to fix it surgically will look much worse in the end as hair loss will progress and will now look odd as it will be in an unnatural pattern. Additionally the hairline rarely looks natraul, yours isn't bad but it doesn't look natraul.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Man I love my hair! If I went bald I’d probably look at a hair transplant too. I’m lucky with good genes and still have a full head of thick hair.

Not the end of the world being bald, but like OP said if they have the means to fix it and it’s somerhing you want done why not do it? I wasn’t aware so many dudes were so against it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
once hair is removed for transplant I don't think it grows back. they have to take the follicle out and they do not regenerate. but on the other hand they wont be missed either since they spread the donor sites out

I am by no means an expert but typically, the hair on the back and sides of your head doesn't go bald like the hairline or top. That is why that hair gets used in transplants. So while it would temporarily be gone if they used it from those areas, it will grow back. Then since the hair transplanted is from good areas, it will continue to grow in the areas that were balding.

Whether or not you can go bald again is not something I can answer but it supposed to last a lifetime from my understanding. I briefly looked into getting it done by bosley. My hair is a lot thinner and receding more than yours was though musclefan.

Despite me being an SVTP member, even $5700 would be too much for me to spend on this. I would most likely have to spend more since my hair is worse off.

Glad it worked out for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread