So I did the thing

72SBC

Established Member
All you viper owners in here, it’s been a while but these have fairly noisy valve trains correct? Sewing machine till about 3k when the exhaust takes over?

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
All you viper owners in here, it’s been a while but these have fairly noisy valve trains correct? Sewing machine till about 3k when the exhaust takes over?
Honestly, I sometimes open up the hood and just listen to the engine idle, and for a 500+ cubic inch engine, it seems very smooth, calm, and quiet to me. I am listening outside usually, so maybe that hides some valve train noise?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I attempted to purchase a Gen V over the last few days but got a scumbag, lowball offer on my trade so **** it. Baddest American car ever made, period.

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
Paint corrected, PPF and ceramic coating are next, picking it up Friday.
BFCC8F19-4827-4069-87EC-DA2E193CE23B.jpeg

2765733D-983A-4495-95FE-FFA919CC0EAE.jpeg

99BOSS

Established Member
Yeah they have a slightly noisy valvetrain at idle and its magnified by 10 cylinders. At some point the factory revised the plastic covers over the coil packs and put more sound deadening foam in there to quiet this down a tad. I believe the revised covers will pop on the earlier cars too. Or you could just modify the exhaust lol

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Yeah they have a slightly noisy valvetrain at idle and its magnified by 10 cylinders. At some point the factory revised the plastic covers over the coil packs and put more sound deadening foam in there to quiet this down a tad. I believe the revised covers will pop on the earlier cars too. Or you could just modify the exhaust lol

You boys are missing out on the neutral gear rattle that we old school guys have to live with. Sounds like rocks within the transmission.
I don't care about it though, as mine is pretty much straight piped.

72SBC

Established Member
Stock tires. Didn’t feel like spending money on a new set of MPSS when these only have 3k miles on them.

_Snake_

Established Member
Stock tires. Didn’t feel like spending money on a new set of MPSS when these only have 3k miles on them.

That’s exactly what I said about the Pzero’s on my Boss and regret not changing them sooner than I did. They’re terrible and the car was so much more fun (and safe) to drive after getting new tires.

Users who are viewing this thread