So, I did the Bronco thing

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
1996 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer edition, 5.8L with 104k miles on it. Spent most of it's life in Utah, then a year in WA. Just had it delivered last night.

Needs a few very minor OCD things, overall like a time capsule. Great condition.

I've been looking for a while, hard to find these either not beat up, rusted out or super high miles.

Put in a new battery last night. Getting it inspected today. Full fluid change coming tomorrow. Front end is a little sloppy (too much steering wheel play) so going to get that looked at next week. Lastly, brakes are mushy. Time to replace.

20220209_171052.jpg

Engine.jpg

4.698gt

Established Member
Looks likes a really solid truck! Curious as to what you spent on it. They are coming up on price it seems. That under hood pic is super clean for 100k mile truck.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Looks likes a really solid truck! Curious as to what you spent on it. They are coming up on price it seems. That under hood pic is super clean for 100k mile truck.

I paid $19k plus shipping for it. I paid cash for it, but when I was shopping, I had contacted my local credit union and they said it had a loan value of $26,300.

They are definitely climbing in value, quickly.

By comparison, I had look at this one two weeks ago for $18k: https://www.eldermitsubishi.com/auto/used-1996-ford-bronco-xlt-near-cedar-park-tx/61939841/

Badly rusted fenders and tailgate, check engine light on, hood liner falling off, cracked door panels, higher mileage and a step down in package.

Think I found a pretty good deal.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Wow congrats. I can't remember when I saw an Eddie Bauer last and I wonder what the numbers are for that trim. I'm very jealous! My neighbor has a very original low mileage truck similar to yours, original owner and I keep begging him to sell it but he's not there yet. One day,

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Planning to do a 2.5" level, some 33 MTS, cat back, tint and prerunner bumper. Going to remain mostly stock and sit in the workshop.

andymarkv

Established Member
Very nice!! Super clean condition AND the last year for them?
How rare are the 5.8 trucks...it seems like most have 5.0's.
Which gears does it have....?
Does it already have 31x10.50-15's?
How many turns lock-to-lock is your steering box?(Probably 18:1 4 turn?) Is it possible to add a quicker turning box from Redhead or Blue Top?

Mild lift, good sounding exhaust and mild shift kit would be a blast in something like that!!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You got me looking, for fun. Seems everyone loves the Back-Off mud flaps! LOL. Looks to be similar to yours...some sexy ones on the market!

Users who are viewing this thread